+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oakwell

"Dilly Ding Dilly Dong" - Claudio Ranieri

Adrian Durham (TalkSport Radio) has just said he's glad Barnsley have gone down, because they got Peterboro' relegated a couple of seasons ago (when the Posh were probably distracted by some silly new advert)

Barnsley shouldn't struggle in League 1 next season. Typical example of what happens when you sell your best players though.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 07-05-2018 at 03:39 PM.

So they
    knew then! Forgot this game missen...

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/tha...iendly.268205/

Was a bit of a pasting even at a friendly level... same again next year if we have em eh?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    So they
    knew then! Forgot this game missen...

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/tha...iendly.268205/

Was a bit of a pasting even at a friendly level... same again next year if we have em eh?
    Hecky's infamous rant after the debacle at the NYS

" some people inside this club think they know better than me "'

"'How do you mean Paul "

"'Many of these players aren't good enough "

He was right on both accounts as he often was .

I went to that last friendly when we beat Barnsley 4-0 and whilst the scoreline flattered us, the result didn't. We were the better side ,and if I remember right we finished the game with 10 different outfield players than what started.The fact that it didn't change the way we played ,with all the substitutons, was the reason I was telling everyone that we had to be targetting at least a play off place .

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I went to that last friendly when we beat Barnsley 4-0 and whilst the scoreline flattered us, the result didn't. We were the better side ,and if I remember right we finished the game with 10 different outfield players than what started.The fact that it didn't change the way we played ,with all the substitutons, was the reason I was telling everyone that we had to be targetting at least a play off place .
    Always nice to beat a local rival, even in a friendly. However the victory went nowhere near to making up for the thrashing we got at Oakwell last season.

I was hoping we could meet again in the Championship next year and possibly make amends. I am sure we would show more fight than we did in that gutless, abysmal excuse for a performance under Stubbs and his "white flag" approach.

Obviously I'm now hoping that we don't meet next season. I'm sorry that Barnsley went down and wish them all the best.

And I hate that stupid ad too. Shame on crafty for referring to it

The game at oakwell ended up a thrashing but at half time it was 0-0 and we were very much in the game.
    Unfortunately once we went behind the result became inevitable, which also became all too familiar under Stubbs and it's really taken until now to stop the rot. In my opinion we have the best squad in the play offs, other teams may think they have a better first eleven, but I can't remember a better bench we have had for a long long time.

Aye that was a pasting for us nearly on par with the chezzy result!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    "Dilly Ding Dilly Dong" - Claudio Ranieri

Adrian Durham (TalkSport Radio) has just said he's glad Barnsley have gone down, because they got Peterboro' relegated a couple of seasons ago (when the Posh were probably distracted by some silly new advert)

Barnsley shouldn't struggle in League 1 next season. Typical example of what happens when you sell your best players though.
    Not if that Chinese French dog fella finally gets his wallet out.

The game at oakwell ended up a thrashing but at half time it was 0-0 and we were very much in the game.
    Unfortunately once we went behind the result became inevitable, which also became all too familiar under Stubbs and it's really taken until now to stop the rot. In my opinion we have the best squad in the play offs, other teams may think they have a better first eleven, but I can't remember a better bench we have had for a long long time.
    Think that was actually Hammill's only good performance that season.

I thought it was a bit concerning that in the "which opposing player do you most fear in the play-offs" thread three different offensive S****horpe players were mentioned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast