+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

It would be interesting to see how he did in the superdupermegaamazingguffball. Hopefully he gets a chance.

Ritchie's nae Scottish .... but I take your point.

There seems to be a period of adjustment when they go down. With good management and good attitude from the player, there's a chance they make it. Shinnie has the attitude in abundance. As long as he gives it time, I think he's got a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    For those of us of "enhanced" years, Derby, of Clough, McKay, Hector, McGovern, O'Hare, Todd etc are a great club, of similar stature to 81 Ipswich 😆 who eventually met their European match, of course.

I have no issue with Shinnie going there, and hope he makes a success of it.
    Indeed, Derby were a very competitive and at times combative side then, it would be great seeing another “one of our own” get the opportunity to further his career if they go up.

Ipswich 81 were a tremendous side, my 2nd euro away trip after Liverpool the previous season......both times exotically travelling by bus......nae toilets/tv’s or comfy seats in those days!

SF

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Ritchie's nae Scottish .... but I take your point.

There seems to be a period of adjustment when they go down. With good management and good attitude from the player, there's a chance they make it. Shinnie has the attitude in abundance. As long as he gives it time, I think he's got a chance.
    He definitely has a cracking attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Why not?
    Plenty of other Scottish players are now playing in the Premiership.
    Fraser, McLean, Armstrong, McArthur, and Ritchie
    Plenty of “Premiership” players that he has competed with in the SPFL I.e Arfield, Barton, Mulumbo etc
    Plenty of others that have played up here and done well down south.

If Derby beat Villa in the final and with better players around him, you may just be surprised.
    I have my doubts whether Shinnie is EPL quality. Great player for us and I have nothing but good to say about the lad - we'll miss him massively, but I'm not sure he'll make the step up. I see your points above and they are valid, but the players you mentioned are probably more suited to making the step up - i.e. Kenny McLean (although it remains to be seen how he'll do) and Armstrong etc. They guys who have come from EPL to SPL have generally come up here having earned their big bucks and with very little to motivate them and therefore haven't exactly set the league alight.

I do hope that whatever league Derby are in next season, Shinnie does well for them. I reckon we'll see him back at Pittodrie at some point - maybe after a couple seasons down there if it doesn't work out, or possibly a little longer if it does. I'd love to see Max Lowe back on loan next season - difficult to know where he fits into Derby's plans - Madisson went from a loan spell at Aberdeen to being an EPL star within 18 months so things can change pretty quickly I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I have my doubts whether Shinnie is EPL quality. Great player for us and I have nothing but good to say about the lad - we'll miss him massively, but I'm not sure he'll make the step up. I see your points above and they are valid, but the players you mentioned are probably more suited to making the step up
    I do understand the initial though we wouldn't cut it in the Premier League, but then look at Derby (if they are promoted) being similar to the Huddersfield's, Fulham's, Cardiff's, Brighton's etc and wonder, why couldn't he cut it there?

If Derby make it, they'll beat Aston villa and Shinnie did well against John McGinn when they came up against each other up here, anther thought as to why couldn't he do well?

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879