+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Good thing he is watching a home game as we will nae doubt be sh@te and he winna be impressed

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    A usually-reliable source tells me that Frank Lampard's biding at the Malmaison, having flown in this afternoon to watch Shinnie, and possibly MacLennan (I have doubts) and McKenna, at tonight's game.

Of course, he might just be in toon to take Lowe for a pint.
    Although Lowe got the sponsors man of the match, I think Ferguson was the standout tonight.
    If Lampard left the ground impressed with any Dons player, it would be Ferguson that would have been in his thoughts.

Lowe, as good as he is for us, would struggle in the championship at this stage. He needs to develop more.
    I definitely could see him back here again next year, maybe even permanently if Derby got promoted.

Now the club are obviously getting annoyed at the Joe Shaughnessy debacle should they then put up a similar stance with Graeme Shinnie? I wouldn’t imagine a decent strong manager not having an answer from our captain about his future yet. Not surprised by the no news for McInnes though...it was expected to drag on.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Now the club are obviously getting annoyed at the Joe Shaughnessy debacle should they then put up a similar stance with Graeme Shinnie? I wouldn’t imagine a decent strong manager not having an answer from our captain about his future yet. Not surprised by the no news for McInnes though...it was expected to drag on.
    Club already know, just not telling you

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Yes, it's fairly clear how such "player departures" are "managed" these days.

Shinnie will know where he'll be playing next season.

AFC will already know he's not re-signing.

Won’t say as they are trying to punt season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Yes, it's fairly clear how such "player departures" are "managed" these days.

Shinnie will know where he'll be playing next season.

AFC will already know he's not re-signing.
    Maybe he does.
    Maybe the club knows.
    The same was said about Logan though.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Although Lowe got the sponsors man of the match, I think Ferguson was the standout tonight.
    If Lampard left the ground impressed with any Dons player, it would be Ferguson that would have been in his thoughts.

Lowe, as good as he is for us, would struggle in the championship at this stage. He needs to develop more.
    I definitely could see him back here again next year, maybe even permanently if Derby got promoted.
    I can see Lowe coming back on loan if Derby get promoted, but not permanently - they've just given him a contract extension. I wonder whether they might actually want to loan him to a Championship team so he gets more experience in the English League. I think Ferguson needs another good season behind him before the English clubs will come calling - maybe even needs a call up to the Scotland squad first, which I can't see happening in the next year or two as we seem to have an abundance of central midfielders.

I'm resigned to Shinnie leaving now. I would guess he knows where he's going by now, as he'll want to join up with his new side for the start of pre-season. He'll be a massive loss both in terms of his ability and leadership.

Ferguson the new captain perhaps if McKenna leaves as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I can see Lowe coming back on loan if Derby get promoted, but not permanently - they've just given him a contract extension. I wonder whether they might actually want to loan him to a Championship team so he gets more experience in the English League. I think Ferguson needs another good season behind him before the English clubs will come calling - maybe even needs a call up to the Scotland squad first, which I can't see happening in the next year or two as we seem to have an abundance of central midfielders.

I'm resigned to Shinnie leaving now. I would guess he knows where he's going by now, as he'll want to join up with his new side for the start of pre-season. He'll be a massive loss both in terms of his ability and leadership.

Ferguson the new captain perhaps if McKenna leaves as well?
    I don't think Lewis Ferguson will be captain.
    If you'd asked me a few months ago, I'd have said Mikey Devlin, but f**k knows what's happened to him since his injury in November.
    So I think it will be Joe Lewis.

Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast