+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Champions lge final on Virgin tv

Champions lge final on Virgin tv

I know there's already two threads on this but wanted to make sure people see this.

I have a mail from Virgin and an advert on my tv, the final is being shown live and free to Virgin customers on the 'Previews' channel 100

Great thanks for the info will watch in....

Just a note on Virgin, see the barstewards are upping the prices by £3 a month in July...Telling me the package I'm on is being phased out, but will be on a new Fun Package with a extra 30 channels...hip hip hooray...not much of a flucking Fun Package...might be a bye bye Virgin Fun Package to my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post

Just a note on Virgin, see the barstewards are upping the prices by £3 a month in July...Telling me the package I'm on is being phased out, but will be on a new Fun Package with a extra 30 channels...hip hip hooray...not much of a flucking Fun Package...might be a bye bye Virgin Fun Package to my mind...
    I haven't had this notice yet but I get this crap every year, just call them, tell them you're leaving and they'll hold your price

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post

At least I now know they're not just picking on me! Every time they put their prices up, which seems to be every 6 months (at least in my mind), I think 'right - I'm off'. But when you look at Sky's equivalent package, there's not much in it. Couple that with Virgin's broadband, which I think is still the best available, I just put up with the price rises.

Quote Originally Posted by deadyoyomagpie View Post
    At least I now know they're not just picking on me! Every time they put their prices up, which seems to be every 6 months (at least in my mind), I think 'right - I'm off'. But when you look at Sky's equivalent package, there's not much in it. Couple that with Virgin's broadband, which I think is still the best available, I just put up with the price rises.
    You shouldn't, call them and tell them you're moving to Sky or simply tell them to take the box out, works all the time for me.

Have a rant as I do, on most mid range packages, they are trying too inpose an average of almost 10% increase year on year, tell em you're sick of it and you're off, I'll bet they do you a deal.

The match is also on BT free view Virgin 548

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    You shouldn't, call them and tell them you're moving to Sky or simply tell them to take the box out, works all the time for me.

Have a rant as I do, on most mid range packages, they are trying too inpose an average of almost 10% increase year on year, tell em you're sick of it and you're off, I'll bet they do you a deal.
    This is true. Unless you complain or threaten to leave, they're happy to just let you carry on paying top whack. When I eventually lost patience and told Sky I was leaving, they tried all sorts of offers and tricks to keep me, but I told them to mail it to last year when I might have listened.

I think they would lose a lot less customers if they actually approached long-standing subscribers with special reductions and offers, not least because said happy subscriber would no doubt tell his/her mates how good their provider is, but these basic marketing and customer retention techniques don't seem to have occurred to Britain's satellite TV companies.