+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T - The 'Forum Rules' sticky at the top of the page.

O/T - The 'Forum Rules' sticky at the top of the page.

I'm a bit intrigued by this. Is it just a reminder, or have the goalposts been moved a little bit due to the supposed threat to close the board? One poster asked of me on a thread that has now been locked "how have you managed to survive (on this board) all these years?" My answer would have been because I've always posted within the rules, and by 'the rules' I mean what has historically been the generally accepted norm. The interesting bit is "Members may not use the Forum to abuse any other member of the Forum". The big question is of course, what is classed as abuse? One poster objected to being called "a plank", while another poster called a fellow board member "an obnoxious prick". Are both acceptable? Maybe the first but not the second? I don't care one way or the other, I've been called every name under the sun 100 times over the years on here, and it's never bothered me in the slightest. I realise the mods can't give a definitive answer, but any form of guidance would be welcome so I can continue my record of impeccable behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm a bit intrigued by this. Is it just a reminder, or have the goalposts been moved a little bit due to the supposed threat to close the board? One poster asked of me on a thread that has now been locked "how have you managed to survive (on this board) all these years?" My answer would have been because I've always posted within the rules, and by 'the rules' I mean what has historically been the generally accepted norm. The interesting bit is "Members may not use the Forum to abuse any other member of the Forum". The big question is of course, what is classed as abuse? One poster objected to being called "a plank", while another poster called a fellow board member "an obnoxious prick". Are both acceptable? Maybe the first but not the second? I don't care one way or the other, I've been called every name under the sun 100 times over the years on here, and it's never bothered me in the slightest. I realise the mods can't give a definitive answer, but any form of guidance would be welcome so I can continue my record of impeccable behaviour.
    I'm still busy reading 100's of GDPR statements from enterprises I'd forgotten I'd ever dealt with and until recently I suspect they'd forgotten they'd dealt with me so haven't yet read all the rules. What with this sticky on the top and AH's twitter sticky you have to pgdn to get to any content.

Anyway back to your post - how on earth does using ad hominems promote the cause of any discussion? Though I suspect that some of the sailing close to the wind are to do with concerns raised over certainly religions.