+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the new season

the new season

Soon to be a 53 year old. My first game was when I was 7 Notts V wolves 1-1.
    So like many on this board I have seen more lows than highs. This coming season though with the signings we have made I'm actually excited. Last season I never expected to make the play offs I just wanted a better season than the previous one. This season I'm expecting at least the play offs.

What did it for me was the signing of Kane Hemmings. There's something about the lad IMHO has that X factor.

A Mansfailed supporter at work would have loved him to sign for them. His words, not mine were "Steve Evans signed a lot of old journeymen on long term contracts". Kind of reminds me of Notts in the past.

I do find it hard to believe that with bet365 Mansfield are shorter odds to get promotion than Notts.

I think with KN and AH at the helm Notts are good hands.

I just hope we play the ball to feet a lot more.

It would be a complete waste of money buying decent strikers, if we are going to rely on the long hopeful punt for service to our forward line

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    I just hope we play the ball to feet a lot more.

It would be a complete waste of money buying decent strikers, if we are going to rely on the long hopeful punt for service to our forward line
    Which is why getting MOC to resign is essential!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    which is why getting moc to resign is essential!
    Agreed !!

how odd that re-sign and resign are the same word ! I'm hoping for the first too.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Which is why getting MOC to resign is essential!
    He needs to show us a bit of loyalty, having paid his wages for a full season and nursed him back to full fitness..

Even if the contract he has been offered is poor and he can get much better elsewhere. Remember he got injured on County duty and in most jobs the employer would be responsible i would think. Hope he does sign to make the bullets for the new strikeforce to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinpieman View Post
    Even if the contract he has been offered is poor and he can get much better elsewhere. Remember he got injured on County duty and in most jobs the employer would be responsible i would think. Hope he does sign to make the bullets for the new strikeforce to fire.

Hmmmmm...............

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-third-1634042

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

"The Reds loanee played in both legs of the play-offs semi-final tie with Coventry City - and though he scored in the second leg, he could not prevent a 5-2 aggregate defeat for Kevin Nolan’s men."

Well of course he couldn't! He was merely a player not an official in those two matches.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    "The Reds loanee played in both legs of the play-offs semi-final tie with Coventry City - and though he scored in the second leg, he could not prevent a 5-2 aggregate defeat for Kevin Nolan’s men."

Well of course he couldn't! He was merely a player not an official in those two matches.
    Agreed. Went in the pub after the Covvo match at ML. A bloke came in the pub, dressed all in black with a whistle in his mouth. I thought to meself, 'He's gonna kick off in a minute'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast