+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Armstrong (again)

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    rafa wont gamble on him
    he is afraid to loose

he would preer to play joselwho over someone with potential or mistertrick a proven goal scorer

i cant understand why rafa sent him out on loan and left himself with one fit striker gayle,someone he doesnt ate mistertrick and joselwho who none of us rate

when given a run of games mistertrick and army both prove a striker will score

he aint a 10 goal a game man
    but he is certainly better than joselwho even know with the little experiance he does have
    and i reckon givena run of games as good as gayle

he needs to find his feet
    Aye I suppose if Joselu hadn’t scored against Liverpool and Swansea we would have had two less points at crucial points in the season. We all know he wasn’t near a world beater, however I thought his hold up play etc was ok and certainly earlier on in the season he was close on a few occasions to scoring. He’s not a red card waiting to happen like Mitro was with us. Let’s not forget Ashley has form for not allowing proper money to be spent on strikers/leaving us short ie Carroll - Kuqi. You’d think we’d paid £20m for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Aye I suppose if Joselu hadn’t scored against Liverpool and Swansea we would have had two less points at crucial points in the season. We all know he wasn’t near a world beater, however I thought his hold up play etc was ok and certainly earlier on in the season he was close on a few occasions to scoring. He’s not a red card waiting to happen like Mitro was with us. Let’s not forget Ashley has form for not allowing proper money to be spent on strikers/leaving us short ie Carroll - Kuqi. You’d think we’d paid £20m for him.
    Good points mate. I wouldn’t compare Joselwho to Mitro but certain posters didn’t have a good word for him in fact one renamed him Mistertricks

Mitro is too slow and can not hold the ball up. He is an old style centre forward who plays from the box to the goal line. Very few teams now have centre forwards like this and the experienced centre half’s just wind him up. He had a lot of chances at the Toon and never lived up to expectations

I wish the lad well but only time will tell if he can hack it in the Premiership.

i dont think mitor is top class
    but he is certainly and has certainly always been better than joselwho

im sure many wouldnt disagree with me on that

but played to his strengths
    mitro has proved he can score

In mitro we bought a young raw player who needed to develope. As a club, we have failed him.

I wouldnt necessarily blame Rafa, we simply HAD to get promoted 1st time and Gayle was doing a fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    and vice versa if he had scored the opportunities he was given we may have 6-8 points more

i have a theory that sides create chances people can say that well maybe mitro wouldnt have been there et etc but then that wouldnt have been a chance it would ave been a poor pass

in other words i think mitro is a better finisher than joselwho and in my mind so is armstrong

i do not see what if anything joselwho brings to our side

i cannot see why any manager would have brought him when you had mitro

its who is on the end of those chances that atters

i still think mitro even armstrong in the side would have scored more than joselwho did

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    In mitro we bought a young raw player who needed to develope. As a club, we have failed him.

I wouldnt necessarily blame Rafa, we simply HAD to get promoted 1st time and Gayle was doing a fine job.
    i agree he has been failed

and i do blame rafa

he didnt give him a chance
    he continually played joselwho regardless of his poor form

and i do blame rafa

I think he burnt his bridges when he elbowed the player in the face off the ball and got himself a 3 match ban. To be honest that was me finished with him and he has had many chances prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Look, man....what's gannin' on?

He's being lauded as the player of the team so far in the Toulon tournament but during any of his very brief appearances for us he's always looked massively out of his depth and he's had mixed reviews at the Chimpo and League 1 clubs he's been at. I haven't looked into the success rate of England U21 players making it in the Prem-anyone know?

Do we give him one more shot...or get shot?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...gland-14746975
    Let the lad go to another club. He's not going to get much joy at Newcastle.
    He's a decent player and would likely do well in many top teams around the world, including here.

WHAT?....................WHAT. GHOST?
    Ok ok, basically speaking he's doing well around much better quality players against less quality, most of the time. He's provided for and reaps the rewards, in my opinion.
    I'm not dishing the lad but I am saying he will struggle in a struggling team, or a team that does not play to his strengths.

One team is Newcastle United.
    Yet put him in Man City's team and he'd likely thrive if his confidence was solid.

That also doesn't mean I'm panning him out as world class. I'm merely saying, if you provide many players with the service some get, you can make that player look 10 times better than he would if placed in a struggling/average team.

Anyway that's my two penneth.

and i do blame rafa

I think he burnt his bridges when he elbowed the player in the face off the ball and got himself a 3 match ban. To be honest that was me finished with him and he has had many chances prior to that.

and i do blame rafa

Armstrong would´ve been eaten alive playing in the team at that time instead of the Hoss. A lot of our players were in really bad form and Joselu had a big defensive role to play.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)