+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Spiralling Debt

Our Spiralling Debt

At present we owe nearly £150 million to Ashley. I’m not going into the politics of this as everyone has a different view on it

Last year our players salaries amounted to £112 million we then have the running costs of the Club itself

If we are allowed to keep all of the money generated there is still not enough money in the coffers to get 3 or 4 more decent players in.

We certainly do not have enough money to put a dent into the Club debt. So I guess we are stuck with Ashley for a long time as there is no way the Club is worth £400 million.

If we don’t add substantialy to the present squad I think we are going to struggle again next season.

We are going to struggle.

Rafa will keep us up again, then with his contract up, he will move on and the next guy will take up the struggle.

Rinse and repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    We are going to struggle.

Rafa will keep us up again, then with his contract up, he will move on and the next guy will take up the struggle.

Rinse and repeat!
    Haidara has gone and Mbemba is on the way. If we can replace them and two more with players that contribute to the first team, then I´ll be pleased. Their wages will likely cost similar - just need to spend on the transfer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    At present we owe nearly £150 million to Ashley. I’m not going into the politics of this as everyone has a different view on it

Last year our players salaries amounted to £112 million we then have the running costs of the Club itself

If we are allowed to keep all of the money generated there is still not enough money in the coffers to get 3 or 4 more decent players in.

We certainly do not have enough money to put a dent into the Club debt. So I guess we are stuck with Ashley for a long time as there is no way the Club is worth £400 million.

If we don’t add substantialy to the present squad I think we are going to struggle again next season.
    don,t chelsea owe the russian or whatever the nationality he is today 1 billion

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    don,t chelsea owe the russian or whatever the nationality he is today 1 billion
    They sure do and Man Utd are something like £450 million in debt. Ashley has stated that he will not put anymore money into the Club

I think we get around £120 million for tv rights so that covers the players wages.

Looking at that we need to shift a lot of the dead wood to generate enough funds to get 3 decent players in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    They sure do and Man Utd are something like £450 million in debt. Ashley has stated that he will not put anymore money into the Club

I think we get around £120 million for tv rights so that covers the players wages.

Looking at that we need to shift a lot of the dead wood to generate enough funds to get 3 decent players in.
    Rafa realises this and that's why he wants investment for the training ground/academey.Shrewd buys and younguns is the order of the day..
    Can't see fat cnut investing any of his money in his club,the mans a vindictive ba5tard.He will never forgive us for turning on him..

Sounds like reality has hit home
    I have been saying for months when ash said you can have all it generates that 40 mill over two windows would be it

People keep laughing at ash being duped
    The only ones suffering is us
    So thank you Shepard and co

Rafa needs to sell or get players of the wage bill and use his vast network to find us some players we can afford

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    Sounds like reality has hit home
    I have been saying for months when ash said you can have all it generates that 40 mill over two windows would be it

People keep laughing at ash being duped
    The only ones suffering is us
    So thank you Shepard and co

Rafa needs to sell or get players of the wage bill and use his vast network to find us some players we can afford
    The club is still veing ripped off, by not receiving advertising money or merchandise money, by actually paying sports direct to handle the clubs merchandise.

There is no way of hiding from the fact that tge only reason the club does not generate money ro spend, is because the owner skims that off the top.

Well looks like hairdryer is away another one of Carr’s flops. Paid £2 million for 39 games that’s 51k a game not including salaries and agents signing on fees.

At least that’s another one off the payroll

10 million for Mbemba and Sells , Mitro maybe £15m , Jamaal maybe £35m .. thats £60 mil plus whoever else and whatever money is left . Yeah people will whinge about Lascelles , but the reality is that is how its going to be and has been for a decade .
    If maybe £60m + money available hopefully up to £100m to spend , that should buy a few capable of maintaining prem survival, job done for fatty .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)