+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Grealish

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Of course it is. We didnt get the striker.
    So what.
    We could have got a striker and the striker could have flopped. The striker could have got injured.
    The striker could have scored a hat full.

Lots of could's but no way to place any reality to it....right?

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    We had 8 draws because Rafa was afraid to gamble

And if he had got a fit loan striker in instead of some fat injured cart horse from Leicester we may have not gone of the winning streak we were on
    Well sadly our owner wouldn't sanction the strikers Rafa wanted would he, indeed any striker till the end of the window to we assume avoid the wages for that month.

In regards Grealish, i think he'd be a decent signing but i don't think he'll be coming here. I think as Ghost says he'll be going to a top 6 side, which as Sclox says could of been us but unfortunately Ashley decided he'd rather dick around than pay out to get the striker we needed.

We had 8 draws because Rafa was afraid to gamble

And if he had got a fit loan striker in instead of some fat injured cart horse from Leicester we may have not gone of the winning streak we were on
    Out of interest who would have been your choice for a fit loan striker?

TBF I thought Slimani was a good shout at the time and in the end we didnt need him anyway when he got himself suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    So what.
    We could have got a striker and the striker could have flopped. The striker could have got injured.

We will never know.

The club didnt even try did they - which in the end is all we want. The club are in the entertainment business yeah? Maybe with Kenedy and a Striker from last summer Pboro would have got more of the attacking football he craves for the whole season and not just the tail end.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    So what.

Its about the club growing a set and having a proper go, not a string of half baked 5 million signings which in the end is a false economy and cost the club even more. Signings like Saivet on 40k a week. One or two punts, yes but I'd rather see a couple of quality additions than six 5 million gambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Out of interest who would have been your choice for a fit loan striker?

TBF I thought Slimani was a good shout at the time and in the end we didnt need him anyway when he got himself suspended.
    i would have kept mitro and called back the young un
    as there was no strikers available

what i wouldnt have done was bring in a fat injured forward

not many clubs loan out decent strikers in january and we had better options in house

i would have kept mitro and called back the young un
    as there was no strikers available

what i wouldnt have done was bring in a fat injured forward

not many clubs loan out decent strikers in january and we had better options in house
    Immobile Mitro up front on his own or would you have changed formation and had 2 up front?

Slimani didn't work out...but he was instrumental in two very important goals against Arsenal and Huddersfield which helped us move away from the danger zone-and the accompanying pressure which would have had a negative effect on performances so it was worth it.

Anyway, Grealish still seems like a pr!ck.

As the thread is about Grealish I will talk about him not the petty I hate Rafa sh it that every bloody thread turns into
    Bloody broken flamin records!!

I think he is a great young player who has started to mature
    I would have him here in a heartbeat but not at £40 M

But he won’t come here
    I can see him going to spurs
    I don’t know why but there you go

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)