+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 170 of 339 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3389

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Can I come roon and help fill the bird feeder?
    Can you fecht a four year-old, possibly via the medium of snakes and ladders, for the privilege of counting the fat balls into the relevant feeder?

Nah.

I know when I'm beaten.

DD , if we are relying on a deal involving the **** Boris and utter bellend Bolsonaro , we are in trouble .I work in Brazil and have witnessed how that clown " runs" the country.
    Be brown envelopes involved in any deal with that govt.

It’ll be bronze turkeys.

Anyone seen the Canadian miners whose lift has broken down. Got to climb a 2 mile ladder to get out, they reckon it takes 2.5 days to climb it the ones that can’t climb have to wait to be pulled up by a rope.

I just heard Boris claiming all shortages are a world problem.

Nothing to do with his massive incompetence at all.

He’s a lad, isn’t he?

Around 50000 HGV medicals applications are being held up at the DVLA apparently. No medical, no test, or no HGV licence extension after the licence expiry date or report of a notifiable illness.

This is due to industrial action being taken by PCS* members, forced to attend work during lockdowns and that, protesting about unsafe practices in place, evidenced by the numbers infected in that workplace.

The word is that some sort of agreement was put in place quite a few weeks ago, but this has been over-ruled by some uncaring **** higher up in the civil service, possibly even some tory ersehole in the Cabinet.

* this is the Public & Commercial Services union, but as a crumb to Thatcher's gobby greedy progeny who populate this here digital neighbourhood, I offer as a reactionary alternative Phucking Commie ****ehooses. I trust I can rely on your vote?

C&B party political broadcast?

Let’s face it, no matter how bad they are, the tories are in power for ever*
    The Labour party is a joke and the English will never see the sense in proportional representation.

Vote for an independent Scotland as part of the European Union.

You know it makes sense.

* for ever as far as folk born in the fifties are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    C&B party political broadcast?

Let’s face it, no matter how bad they are, the tories are in power for ever*
    The Labour party is a joke and the English will never see the sense in proportional representation.

Vote for an independent Scotland as part of the European Union.

You know it makes sense.

* for ever as far as folk born in the fifties are concerned.
    There's always the Libdims.

I’ve attended enough election counts to know that ‘spoiling’ one’s ballot paper is frequently the only way to get one’s message across, which is very often, “Why would I want to vote for any of these beige/grey party yes wo/men/other genders who will sit in a chamber, toe their party line, with no thought at all on the needs of their constituents, if elected?”.

In the most recent election, I was able to draw attention to two blatant lies in one candidate’s election literature. In the 2019 GE I scribbled an apology for being unable to put my X to the candidate representing the best manifesto as a tactical vote was necessary (“this vote is on loan only” beside the name of the candidate best-placed to replace an anti-European Tory prick).

All candidates and their agents are invited to inspect all ‘spoiled’ ballots at the count, so they see these messages. In the great rigged scheme of things, they may only smart momentarily, like a post-operative* Elastoplast ripped off a hairy limb, but it’s a far more satisfactory little victory for a disenfranchised voter than putting a cross beside the least-worst bland “progressive” neo-lib/con party patsy who disappears into the fleshpots of London or the bars of Edinburgh without trace, except when the pager buzzes to alert them to the division bell or call to vote. I seem to be represented currently by two of these invisible teat-sucking apparitions.

Four legs good. Two legs baaaaad.

Napoleon is always right.

Surely comrades, none of you wants Jones to come back?

Meh.

*where available

Page 170 of 339 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast