Page 257 of 339 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3385

Thread: General News Chat

I see a lot of the headlines today include the term UK SUBS
    What's Charlie done now?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    What's Charlie done now?
    That was my first thought when I saw that headline in the Pressreader & Journal.

Three columnists in that corner of the ‘net taking the opportunity to diss Sturgeon’s operational ability and outcomes, whilst casting doubt on the near-nepotism of the establishment’s backing of Yousaf, and endorsing Kate Forbes. I think that perhaps it’s a reflection of the shared felling of neglect that grows day by day north of Joe Fitzpatrick’s and Stewart the shagger Hosie’s Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s nothing wrong with your internet connection.
    Didn't take you long to get Statler and Waldorf in a tizzy again. Oh the power of social media (that, of course, certain people aren't affected or influenced by) to provoke a response.

Keep it up you three, you get me through the long nights

Laurence never took the divorce well. He’s another one who’s dense and can’t figure out why every person on the planet is a d1ck, apart from him.

That style of presenting where the anchor does the long monologues, comes from RT. They were well ahead of the game.
    Agreed, But hey we have our very own self-righteous monologuesisters Piers Morgan, Richard Maddley, and the right wing doyen Andrew Neill, Re RT we have our very own "State broadcaster the BBC. Look on further than the propaganda during the Iraq invasion N.Ireland and what's happening in Ukraine today. IMO possible the most balanced broadcaster these days is Al Jazeera.

Is it really 20 years since the Iraq invasion?
    That's when I gave up watching telly.

What's Charlie done now?
    It's the pesky Chinese again. Not happy with fighting Russia, we're looking for a square go with China now.

Rishi made a crude comment along the lines of the shared blood lost by our nations standing side by side in previous wars.

Record defence spending announces Rishi. No it's not say Labour, who claim with some sort of pride that they were the last party to spend 2.5% of GBP on defence.

Meanwhile back in the real world....

One of the major benefits of independence will be not having to pretend we're masters of the world.
    It's an expensive club to belong to.

Anyway, it was Charlie Harper I was referring to.

Is it really 20 years since the Iraq invasion?
    That's when I gave up watching telly.
    From memory, Bush and Powell ordered the initial attacks on 19 March 2003 on specific targets where they understood that Saddam and his loons were holed up. The following evening on Union Street, there was mayhem on the Stop The War protest. Dozens occupying the crossroads at Market St/Union St (toonser drivers dinna give a fuuck about box junctions in any case), feds panicking, one of my pals flung into the back of a black maria, from which he escaped because the thin blue line forgot to lock the door or put a copper on it. ��

The STW protest in Glasgow in February remains the biggest demo I’ve ever been on.

And we were right.

I was thinking of the UK Subs when I saw the headline too.

I always remember it because it was the same night New Order played the Barras.

I was also on the demo in Glasgow. Quite encouraging at the time but I’m the end, nobody gave a f*ck

I was also on the demo in Glasgow.
    I walked along side you and Vintage that day. Bus down from Aberdeen. Blair and the Iraq Invasion fully confirmed my commitment to Scottish Independence.

Page 257 of 339 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast