+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 278 of 339 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3384

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Perhaps I should have made it clearer as to what I found funny which was Shauny Boy's wee vid. It was possibly a childish attempt to wind up Mr Mason. Have to say you are very familiar in your posting style its like I recognise it. Where would I have seen this before ? Anyway your smart @rse style is quite polished but tone it down a wee bit you don't want to be seen as a prick. No offence Son just advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Being that close to Yeovil-What-A-Fûckin-Shîtehole (as it is known in the Vintage family) I am not surprised.
    Yeovil definitely to be avoided at all costs....slightly better than Shepton Mallet, bjt not much.

Bruton is actually lovely, and quite surprisingly posh nowadays. I am just outside.....nearer Castle Cary really, but never really go there either.

To be fair, we never got that far round. We stayed in Thornford, over the border, near Sherborne, a couple of times. I spent probably too much time in Dorchester, Stinsford, and Bockhampton sating my Thomas Hardy appetite. I’d go back every year, but it’s one hoor of a drive from AB22.

Yeovil was the nearest place to us to buy some maps I needed, and it’s a horror of a place.

Perhaps I should have made it clearer as to what I found funny which was Shauny Boy's wee vid. It was possibly a childish attempt to wind up Mr Mason. Have to say you are very familiar in your posting style its like I recognise it. Where would I have seen this before ? Anyway your smart @rse style is quite polished but tone it down a wee bit you don't want to be seen as a prick. No offence Son just advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    To be fair, we never got that far round. We stayed in Thornford, over the border, near Sherborne, a couple of times. I spent probably too much time in Dorchester, Stinsford, and Bockhampton sating my Thomas Hardy appetite. I’d go back every year, but it’s one hoor of a drive from AB22.

Yeovil was the nearest place to us to buy some maps I needed, and it’s a horror of a place.
    Absolute hovel, with a sh*te football team who play in horrible colours. But some stunning country around the area up in the Mendips and Qunatocks, and some lovely coast to the south

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    Sorry 'dad', never posted before. Just kurked for years.

I'll stick to perceived smart arse as long as you stick to perceived, patronising know it all
    Fair enough I'll give it my best shot. Someone once said Fitba forums have a particular etiquette I dunno what you think ?

Fair enough I'll give it my best shot. Someone once said Fitba forums have a particular etiquette I dunno what you think ?
    Someone else once said "if you can be critical others for their opinions, then you should be able to accept criticism of yours"

Someone else once said "if you can be critical others for their opinions, then you should be able to accept criticism of yours"
    Again fair enough, I'll take a wee break and reflect on that. Perhaps a Scottish Island beckons. Thank you.

Again fair enough, I'll take a wee break and reflect on that. Perhaps a Scottish Island beckons. Thank you.
    Well, enjoy. If you're into ornithology I would highly recommend St Kilda. The volume of gannets and puffins (and the rest) is a real eye opener.

Yeovil definitely to be avoided at all costs....slightly better than Shepton Mallet, bjt not much.

Bruton is actually lovely, and quite surprisingly posh nowadays. I am just outside.....nearer Castle Cary really, but never really go there either.
    I’m familiar with Yeovil, to an extent - I remember the dulcet tones of the BBC presenter announcing the football results of the lower leagues decades ago at a time when there was no fast-forward. How boring that was, but we knew no different. In Somerset is it not? The days of Big Daddy etc. Dp

PS - don’t get too clever on here! It’s upsets some people.

Reply to Stewarty:

Whore you referring too - wasn’t that (the etiquette issue) specifically in the context of entirely non-footballing matters and anti-English, anti-Unionist, pro-Scotland (at any costs) sentiment, the likes of which has ultimately led to the complete and utter, and not overdue, implosion of the SNP? The sh*** you spoke about cold-calling on peoples doors, talking complete sh*** is part of the reason for their demise. Tattie Floored, and the Nation ultimately weren’t so stupid as to take such ****e lying down.
    Last edited by Shetland Don; 20-03-2023 at 11:41 PM.

Huff snuff.

Page 278 of 339 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast