Page 327 of 339 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3388

Thread: General News Chat

Weegie centred Labour Party thrashes Weegie centred SNP

Bring on Kate Forbes.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Weegie centred Labour Party thrashes Weegie centred SNP

Bring on Kate Forbes.
    Completely agree. Yesterday further confirmation that next year brings the end of the Tory Government and the end of Humza Yousaf and along with it the end of Harvie/Slater in the Scottish Government.

Shaping up nicely

Whatever the problems are in this country, they can’t be fixed by Jackie Baillie or Katie Forbes

Those polishing their helmet over Rutherglen, underestimate how staunch that place is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Whatever the problems are in this country, they can’t be fixed by Jackie Baillie or Katie Forbes

Those polishing their helmet over Rutherglen, underestimate how staunch that place is.
    And yet Margaret COVID won it last time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    And yet Margaret COVID won it last time around.
    The prods are more organised this time

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There are two clear points here though

1. To get rid of the Tory’s in the short term there is only one game in town and that is Jackie Bailie’s party

2. To get independence in the medium/longer term regardless of her social views you need someone with her political nous and general likability to push the current 50% up towards the 60% mark that will secure a referendum from a Labour Government. Sturgeon was an extremely talented politician and she couldn’t get it done (maybe she was too happy on the gravy train) and Yousaf who is very much a poor man’s Sturgeon will absolutely never get it done. Who else but Forbes will appeal to the “middle 20%” that I genuinely believe can be persuaded one way or another that you need to swing towards being a Yes voter? Happy to hear any alternatives

The membership hate though because she’s a demented harpy

Mason min

You use words but they don’t join up

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Yesterday further confirmation that next year brings the end of the Tory Government
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Until all votes are counted a a general election and show they have been voted out, I would never underestimate the English (and North East Scotland's) desire for voting for those c*nts.

Taking the result of a Scottish seat, where they won on a 37% turnout, isn't exactly an endorsement of the Labour party, even more so when you see tactical voting at work.

Starmer is a c*nt and I don't think the next election is as cut and dried as anyone thinks. I just don't think Starmer has the country as a whole behind him the way Blair did in 97.

Although I will still be putting my cross against the SNP, I expect a Labour majority up here next year.

I'd expect an even higher Tory vote in the North East of Scotland next time, given that both weegie parties want to destroy the oil industry.

Page 327 of 339 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast