+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 338 of 339 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339 LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3388

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    It's a known and proven fact that governance is only safe in the hands of straight, white middle aged men.

Anything else is just woke b0ll0cks.
    You missed privileged and entitled.

The irony of the Scottish Tories drawing up a motion of no confidence on any other political party or leader is astounding.

FM resigning today say the media.

I feel sorry for the poor sap, as he seems like an alright man, but it was his decision to go for it and take on the “continuity” mantle when the former FM’s reputation (not universally agreed upon) is being steadily trashed.

The next first minister - WHITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    That'll be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    The irony of the Scottish Tories drawing up a motion of no confidence on any other political party or leader is astounding.
    I don't know if I can think of a more irritating little scrote than that Ross creature.
    What a smug, unpleasant little c0ck he is.

I hope with every fibre of my being that he was bullied at school.

Bookies apparently taking no more bets on Swinney. I used to rate him. He even rang our bell during the by-election when the late Abby/Ernie Winchester’s loon Mark McDonald was candidate in Aberdeen North. He was grateful that I asked about how his wife was coping with MS, and a toddler, and he even got one of his minions to give me a postal vote form for one of the kids.

Then he lost most of my respect when he threw local authorities and hard-working SQA staff under the bus in June 2020 when the SQA exams resulting was inadequately verified/moderated to ensure the rigour of results. He only survived a no confidence vote by caving into the Greens by agreeing to use teacher-marked prelim marks as final results, a shocking climb-down and a kick in the balls for quality assurance of resulting, to save his job. When the Higher Still resulting farce of 2000 reared its head, Sam Galbraith took action to ensure some sort of assurance, and resigned as it had happened on his watch.

Swinney didn’t.

Disappointing.

Yesterday’s man, and a Salmond disciple.

That party’s in a sotter.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 29-04-2024 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Bookies apparently taking no more bets on Swinney. I used to rate him. He even rang our bell during the by-election when the late Abby/Ernie Winchester’s loon Mark McDonald was candidate in Aberdeen North. He was grateful that I asked about how his wife was coping with MS, and a toddler, and he even got one of his minions to give me a postal vote form for one of the kids.

Then he lost most of my respect when he threw local authorities and hard-working SQA staff under the bus in June 2020 when the SQA exams resulting was inadequately verified/moderated to ensure the rigour of results. He only survived a no confidence vote by caving into the Greens by agreeing to use teacher-marked prelim marks as final results, a shocking climb-down and a kick in the balls for quality assurance of resulting, to save his job. When the Higher Still resulting farce of 2000 reared its head, Sam Galbraith took action to ensure some sort of assurance, and resigned as it had happened on his watch.

Swinney didn’t.

Disappointing.

Yesterday’s man, and a Salmond disciple.

That party’s in a sotter.
    I think Swinney is a decent bloke, but he is yesterdays man and doesn't have charisma to be a leader as proven when he took the gig years ago.

I also led to believe that his Wife's MS is at a bad stage (no idea if this is true) and was surprised he is putting his name forward.

I honestly have no idea who else there is to take over. Kate would probably get the job is she goes for it.

I'll still put my vote down for them, as regardless what the MSM tell us, the SNP haven't been anywhere near as bad as what that shower of c*nts at Westminster have subjected us too over the past 14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I'll still put my vote down for them, as regardless what the MSM tell us, the SNP haven't been anywhere near as bad as what that shower of c*nts at Westminster have subjected us too over the past 14 years.
    I'd vote for a tailor's dummy (some msps act that way anyway) if it got us independence.

I think too many people conflate "personalities" and policies of our "local town council" with Scotland being run with it's own generated finances and elected officials having real financial levers to make the changes that each part of Scotland requires.

Folk moan about Westminster and Tories but conveniently forget that we can do hee-haw about it/them.
    "Every vote counts".
    No it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I get the feeling that's the real reason Humza got ditched.

Add in being a Muslim and your Daily Mail sensibilities must have been in overdrive wanting rid of him.

Page 338 of 339 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339 LastLast