+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 134 of 335 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 3341

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Which way would Brian from East 17 vote?
    He's only 27.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’m always happy to vote for anything that’s not twitter.

Alex Salmond - Scotland’s greatest ever politician.
    That’s great because the party on really exist in a Twitter bubble. I say party but it’s not as if they have any policies, elected leadership etc

Pretty funny seeing Starmer have a bit of a set too with a pub landlord earlier

This is gold (apart from the usual Pish & Jism editing).

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...tate-pubs/amp/

The Broadsword was fearsome. I mind going in for a carry-out one Sunday evening about 20 minutes after the then 18.30 opening time, and as the mannies sat around playing dominoes and distractedly reading The Sunday Post, there was a full-scale rolling-in-the-sawdust catfight between two gruesome Tilly witches in the middle of the floor. The barman never even mentioned it as he sold me the cans.

I believe I’m still barred from the Tower in Tilly (even if it was demolished years ago) after a particularly hairy Sunday lunchtime session in November 79, the day after those plastic Jute ****s beat us 3-0 at Pittodrie, and two days before the 2-Tone tour lit up (figuratively) Ruffles on Diamond Street. Like many premises owned by that venue’s proprietor, it accidentally caught fire a few years later.

I was speaking about our Iranian friend just a couple of days ago.

I’ve known him since his chipper van in Dyce.

Actually a really nice guy, just a shame so many things caught fire.

Haven’t seen him in ages. He used to be quite generous with a freebie or two when he owned erm...the Bon Accord Hotel (?) and I used to deliver tablecloths to him.

Did he have some sort of caravan-type eaterie where Tesco now is, before the Parkway became a racetrack, and the road from Grandholm was still a rutted vehicle track? I’m sure I have heard tell of this.

Nae idea.

The chipper van in Dyce ( circa 1972) was the first I knew.
    Then there was a steakhouse van which could have been the first of the “fires”

I last saw him a couple of years ago when he came in for a sight test, I don’t know how well he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

The Broadsword was fearsome. I mind going in for a carry-out one Sunday evening about 20 minutes after the then 18.30 opening time, and as the mannies sat around playing dominoes and distractedly reading The Sunday Post, there was a full-scale rolling-in-the-sawdust catfight between two gruesome Tilly witches in the middle of the floor. The barman never even mentioned it as he sold me the cans.

I believe I’m still barred from the Tower in Tilly (even if it was demolished years ago) after a particularly hairy Sunday lunchtime session in November 79, the day after those plastic Jute ****s beat us 3-0 at Pittodrie, and two days before the 2-Tone tour lit up (figuratively) Ruffles on Diamond Street. Like many premises owned by that venue’s proprietor, it accidentally caught fire a few years later.
    That was pretty interesting. I did my four years national service behind the bar in The Abbot. Cannae believe its nearly 18 years since I left. Wasn't as bad as some of the pubs mentioned but then again we did have about 7 pages of A4 on the wall in the office containing the names of everyone that was barred.

I never realized that the Covenanter had changed it's name.

Murdo's = Art Deco.......oh for f'uck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

The stealing of the 'Stair Runner Carpet' on its opening night clearly set the standard for the Dancing Cairns.

I was also wondering what constituted "undesirable behaviour" in 1959 and what songs were tolerated in the Army only, that kept the good folk of Northfield up of an evening.

I don't read the EE, but that was a nice bit of social history of the area.

Page 134 of 335 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast