+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 169 of 337 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 3361

Thread: General News Chat

We can agree Mason min.

Gas
    Electric
    Water ( for f’uck sake)

Have to be nationalised, only Tory greed ever split it up.

While we’re at it, railways.

Not enough lorry drivers?

Go back in time and invest in a decent rail structure.

If only they’d listened to me in the first place.

Right , where to start?

Boris and Brazil.

The day after I find out that England refuses to recognise someone's vaccination status if the vaccine was administered in South America, Africa or any other of those funny little places, it turns out he has been pleading for an emergency food deal with Brazil for xmas turkeys.

Not that there'll be a shortage mind you because we can trust the British public not to panic buy.

Anyway, you're better off without spending your money on turkey because you probably won't be able to cook it because your oven won't work.

Bootiful.

Listen up everyone, NOBODY PANIC BUY!!!!!

That’ll work

Is it just us a country that is going to run out of fuel or are other countries struggling?

Why can't anyone seem to answer why? In a normal world I'd like to think that all this would be enough to finish Boris but I fear he is safe.

And I don't buy that driver shortages are the cause of these petrol stations closing down. Those driving jobs are hard to get in to, well paid with great benefits so I doubt people would be giving them up and going elsewhere so quick.

They would if they no longer had the right to live and work here, or if retaining that right wasn't such a monumental pain. Who'd have thought it?

Why can't HGV drivers be added to the government's list of essential workers, like ballet dancers?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ge-occupations

They’ve tried to say today that there’s a world shortage of Lorry drivers.

It’s amazing what they think they’ll get away with.

I’m in Aberdeen just now but I can say that there’s certainly no shortage of anything on the shelves of Hungarian supermarkets.

Of course, I’ve be known to watch the freight trains in Europe carrying umpt’een trailers behind them.
    20 or 30 wouldn’t be an exaggeration.

Of course that’s 20 or 30 lorries not on the road and 20 or 30 drivers not needed.

If only we had invested in our railways eh?

Remember how all the foreign lorry drivers were treated in the south east of england leading up to last xmas.
    Hundreds of Polish drivers missing xmas at home with their families.
    No toilet facilities, no food expect what members of the public clubbed together to supply.

If I had spent last xmas at the side of the road in kent I think I would be giving it a miss this year.

Meanwhile, there’s no panic buying, there won’t be panic buying,it’s not the british way.

Despite there being a "world shortage of lorry drivers" it seems we are going to grant 5000 of them a temporary work permit.

Oh the honour of being allowed to work in Brexit Britain.

Clearly there are way over 5000 unemployed lorry drivers in Europe just gagging at the prospect of enjoying the superior roadside facilities that the UK has to offer.

Of course, now we have increased the amount of hours they are actually allowed to work and reduced the qualifications needed, they can also look forward to a safer working environment.

It'll all be worth it though, because the English are totally unable to wrap a sausage in a strip of bacon, so without their help Xmas will be ruined.

It's what comes of having absolute chancers running WM government.

I'm sure there will be some along to defend them (good luck) or rubbish the SG.

The thing is, we don't have a real SG. Just imagine we did and they didn't need to look over their shoulder at how WM was trying to constrain it.

1. Hey Duggie.
    2. Paw Patrol.
    3. Octonauts.
    4. Bear snacks.
    5. Smarties yoghurt.
    6. Dinosaurs.
    7. Snakes and ladders.
    8. A new big loon car seat.
    9. Ice cream.
    10.Filling the bird feeders.

These are the important things from a visiting/lodging four year-old loon’s perspective this weekend. Not in any order of preference.

I’ve asked him about the unquantifiable number of NHS crises, panic-buying, the Dons’ woeful form, the risk to the planned dualling of the A96, the NI increase, the abandonment of the triple-lock pensions guarantee, the removal of truck drivers’ subsistence payments by the capitalist filth running the industry in the 1990s meaning no refund of expenses for service area parking, showering etc leading to The Lorry Driver’s Shyte being a constant in major lay-bys, and the concomitant departure of thoosans of them for better-paid work in less-stressful employment, the educational attainment gap, the disappearance of the planned LIT to replace the ‘unfair Council Tax’, the white elephant of HS2, the lack of infrastructure to support the unimaginative petrol-head box-tickers who drive around the idiocy of the “NC500” , leaving the EU, and a dozen other matters that concern his grandparents, and he adopts a half-quizzical, half-I-dinna-care look. Like our politicians.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 25-09-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Can I come roon and help fill the bird feeder?

Page 169 of 337 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast