+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 283 of 336 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3358

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I believe IF found guilty, then he could get suspended from parliament, which in turn could trigger a by-election. If his local party choose to kick him out.
    Considering he was selected just last week by his local party (Uxbridge?) to represent them at next year's election I suspect that won't be happening, if he were to be proved he lied to parliament.

We all know he will be found not guilty.
    I don't think that's right. I think how it works is if he is suspended from Parliament for two weeks or more then if more than 10% of the electorate in his constituency sign a recall petition then that triggers a by-election. He could stand if selected by the Tories, which as you suggest is likely, but given it would only need a 7.5% swing from Tory to Labour there is every chance he would lose (recent by-elections have seen 10% plus swings) especially when you factor in likely tactical voting by LibDems to make sure he is kicked out.

So as I see it if he gets suspended for two weeks he is then on a very likely path to being kicked out of Parliament (nothing stops the Tories from then parachuting him into a much safer Tory seat at the next GE of course, if they are so inclined).

Isn’t the snag that the Commons has to have a vote once the committee has reported?

If so, there’s no way that they’ll vote in such a way as to fire up the Uxbridge lieges, even unto 10%, and see such a high-profile figure thrashed in a by-election when with a fair wind, he’ll get his cards in next year’s poll. He’s already been re-selected for Uxbridge, as I recall.

Anyway, even if I was an elector in Uxbridge, I’d still have fûck all for which to vote. Meh.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 22-03-2023 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Isn’t the snag that the Commons has to have a vote once the committee has reported?

If so, there’s no way that they’ll vote in such a way as to fire up the Uxbridge lieges, even unto 10%, and see such a high-profile figure thrashed in a by-election when with a fair wind, he’ll get his cards in next year’s poll. He’s already been re-selected for Uxbridge, as I recall.

Anyway, even if I was an elector in Uxbridge, I’d still have fûck all for which to vote. Meh.
    It's a tough one. You would imagine every single opposition MP will vote against him. That means only 40 or so out of 360 Tory MP's need to vote against him (less if some abstain). I would imagine the likes of Teresa May and her ilk won't hesitate to vote against him and many others might be washing their hair that day and won't manage to make the vote.

Tick tock BoJo, tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Imagine this yahoo being your poster girl

https://twitter.com/prguy17/status/1...1hoqdL1abV878g
    Ten people turned up.

Of course you have now spread her message.

There was me thinking you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I don't think that's right. I think how it works is if he is suspended from Parliament for two weeks or more then if more than 10% of the electorate in his constituency sign a recall petition then that triggers a by-election. He could stand if selected by the Tories, which as you suggest is likely, but given it would only need a 7.5% swing from Tory to Labour there is every chance he would lose (recent by-elections have seen 10% plus swings) especially when you factor in likely tactical voting by LibDems to make sure he is kicked out.

So as I see it if he gets suspended for two weeks he is then on a very likely path to being kicked out of Parliament (nothing stops the Tories from then parachuting him into a much safer Tory seat at the next GE of course, if they are so inclined).
    You pay for more attention to it than I do.

I don't think the Tories will vote against him with a GE coming up, but would be nice to see him lose his seat at the said GE. I don't think that will happen either.
    As a poster o here said, the man is Teflon coated.

I do suspect his eventual downfall to be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Ten people turned up.

Of course you have now spread her message.

There was me thinking you got it.
    The message being she’s a demented harpy. You need to fight fire with fire with these c*nts. When they f*ck up, that has to spread just as quickly as when they’re doing their performance hate. Ignoring them simply doesn’t work. Their audience needs to see that they’re just as thick as they are, that they’re nothing special. That’s why Andrew Tate is sitting in a Romanian jail. We can all ignore them then

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The message being she’s a demented harpy. You need to fight fire with fire with these c*nts. When they f*ck up, that has to spread just as quickly as when they’re doing their performance hate. Ignoring them simply doesn’t work. Their audience needs to see that they’re just as thick as they are, that they’re nothing special. That’s why Andrew Tate is sitting in a Romanian jail. We can all ignore them then
    Good for you still having some hope.

I suspect i lost the last of my confidence in the public at large the last time i said "Oh I have the 15c at the checkout" and was greeted with an open mouthed stare.

We've had a few strikes over the UK over the past year and politicians have been very quick to condem the strikes.

Then I read about the current strikes in France, relating to the raising of the state pension age to 64 and they really don't **** about with placards and picket lines.

We really are a docile bunch of fannies over here in comparison.

If you want to raise the state pension age, do it to the 16 year olds.
    Everyone else entered into a contract the minute they started paying tax.

Page 283 of 336 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast