+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 334 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: General News Chat

General News Chat

Thought i would start a general news chat thread, rather than having to start new threads each time i want to chat about a news story.

Anyhoo, todays pick for me is McDonald's switching from plastic straws to paper straws in an effort to save the environment. I think irony is lost on them though. Surely switching to paper is also damaging to the environment?

In other news the Trump Administration made a startling admission that "D-Day is example of America's 'strong relationship with German government'"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8387221.html

Paper straws are shirely much, much more environmentally friendly than plastic ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Paper straws are shirely much, much more environmentally friendly than plastic ones?
    Paper still has a carbon footprint though, so still has an environmental impact. Deforestation is also a major issue, so with the switch to paper from plastic, there is going to be increase in paper production. Is paper more environmentally friendly? It depends who you ask. Its certainly more biodegradable and wont pollute the seas like plastics, but I think it’s a tad premature to say it is an “environmentally friendly alternative” as McDonalds are putting it.

I volunteer every week to pick up plastic from the Clyde because I’m a fantastic human being. Anything that reduces the stuff is ok with me, although if you’re really worried about deforestation, stop eating at Mcdonalds altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Paper still has a carbon footprint though, so still has an environmental impact. Deforestation is also a major issue, so with the switch to paper from plastic, there is going to be increase in paper production. Is paper more environmentally friendly? It depends who you ask. Its certainly more biodegradable and wont pollute the seas like plastics, but I think it’s a tad premature to say it is an “environmentally friendly alternative” as McDonalds are putting it.
    True but it's definitely much better than plastic. As Mason says though, if you are concerned about the environment and social balance then McDonald's won't be on your radar.

I'm going to build a bee hotel for my garden. That's another worry. Bloody bees and plastic. It'll be like Solyent Green in a few years.

We can easy get 20 odd bin bags every week from a short stretch, picking up all manner of shyte. Special shout out to the prick that launched his dead snake onto the beach.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...d-12505616.amp

Meanwhile, Tory MP Christopher Chope thinks it’s alright for guys to take upskirt photos. Proudly defending perverts across the nation.

I used a paper straw last week, it wis nay eese went all soggy half way through and couldnt use it anymare.

I'm not sure this thread will work. It's going to be too difficult to keep the paper/plastic straws separate from the perverts taking sly photos up girls skirts.

Hands up who had Mason down as an eco warrior though???

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I'm not sure this thread will work. It's going to be too difficult to keep the paper/plastic straws separate from the perverts taking sly photos up girls skirts.

Hands up who had Mason down as an eco warrior though???
    Me. Veggie, into an a***ual man and loves a ridiculous conspiracy.

He's a blade.

Page 1 of 334 1231151101 ... LastLast