+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 339 of 339 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339
Results 3,381 to 3,387 of 3387

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post

Folk moan about Westminster and Tories but conveniently forget that we can do hee-haw about it/them.
    "Every vote counts".
    No it doesn't.
    Mate, in every general election since 1979, apart from 2017, and in Scottish elections, I’ve been forced to vote for the least-worst candidate/manifesto or vote tactically to keep some right wing nutjob disciple out.

Time’s running out for me to have what seems like the luxury of having someone/something that I can vote in favour of. Elections used to be like a World Cup for me. Now. I have the option of cruel bstds/pee-heeing party loyalist careerists feart to rock the boat/zoomers who don’t know if it’s Pancake Tuesday or Hogmanay.

Spoilt papers again then, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

I hope with every fibre of my being that he was bullied at school.
    He was the school bully, which I think his classmates have to take some responsibility for. They’ve let themselves down there.

The bullies in our school were genuine psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I'd vote for a tailor's dummy (some msps act that way anyway) if it got us independence.

I think too many people conflate "personalities" and policies of our "local town council" with Scotland being run with it's own generated finances and elected officials having real financial levers to make the changes that each part of Scotland requires.

Folk moan about Westminster and Tories but conveniently forget that we can do hee-haw about it/them.
    "Every vote counts".
    No it doesn't.
    Like I've said on here countless times, just let us get on with making our own mess up here.

I was in a meeting at work the other week and it was commented that we would have a red/commie government in power in the UK by the end of the year.

If folk really still think Labour are a 'commie' party then we really are f*cked and deserve countless more years of tory rule.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Like I've said on here countless times, just let us get on with making our own mess up here.
    This.
    If we make our own, see you next Tuesday, of it then we have no one else to blame and can vote out the 'Tuesdayers".

I've watched Question Time a few times of late (I'd given it up).
    But fu ck it's depressing.
    Soundbite driven sh1te, interspersed with statistical manipulation, ending up with "you're worse".
    Reasoned debate is a pipe dream, the most depressing thing is that it pretty accurately sums up society.
    Fit'n'a redup.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Soundbite driven sh1te,.
    The one that drives me up the wall currently, is ‘what I think the people want to see is…..’
    Can be used for referendums, deporting victims of people trafficking & everything else in between

They can f*ck right off with that sh1t.

'what I think the people want to see is…..’
    A Squid Games, Westminster edition.
    The winner gets a kicking for being ruthlessly competitive.
    Everyone's a winner!

Page 339 of 339 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339