+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Potential signing(s) around the corner?

Some players might find it easier in the higher levels though Elite.Grant might thrive with the ball to feet rather than 30 yards in front of him, factor in that he got double marked once he became known, which in a better side with better players, wouldn’t be practical.
    Grealish, to compare players, looked destined, he came to Notts, got the **** kicked out of him, but still wanted the ball, still took on players. Maybe this is where Grant can learn.

Heavily hinting in some bantz with Leigh Curtis that this “game changer” is signing. Won’t be Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Some players might find it easier in the higher levels though Elite.Grant might thrive with the ball to feet rather than 30 yards in front of him, factor in that he got double marked once he became known, which in a better side with better players, wouldn’t be practical.
    Grealish, to compare players, looked destined, he came to Notts, got the **** kicked out of him, but still wanted the ball, still took on players. Maybe this is where Grant can learn.
    Great comparison, Grant was a godsend first half of the season but tailed off badly. Grealish was one of those players you just wanted everyone to give the ball to, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Great comparison, Grant was a godsend first half of the season but tailed off badly. Grealish was one of those players you just wanted everyone to give the ball to, all the time.
    No comparison for me - Grealish is 10 times the player Grant is and I can't see him troubling the higher divisions.

Playing devil's advocate, I'd have to say that Grant put in quite a few anonymous performances even in the first half of the season, but these were masked by his goal scoring, which I suppose opens the debate about whether you're happy with a player who does little during a match other than score a goal or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    No comparison for me - Grealish is 10 times the player Grant is and I can't see him troubling the higher divisions.

Playing devil's advocate, I'd have to say that Grant put in quite a few anonymous performances even in the first half of the season, but these were masked by his goal scoring, which I suppose opens the debate about whether you're happy with a player who does little during a match other than score a goal or two...
    I would tend to agree with you regarding Grant, flattered to deceive at times last season. However, it only takes a second to score a goal, if that goal wins a game and the player who scored it did so because above all else he has the ability to get a goal when it was most needed even if they did nothing else all game, then you could say they were worth their weight in gold, but then you would also need them to do it every game if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I would tend to agree with you regarding Grant, flattered to deceive at times last season. However, it only takes a second to score a goal, if that goal wins a game and the player who scored it did so because above all else he has the ability to get a goal when it was most needed even if they did nothing else all game, then you could say they were worth their weight in gold, but then you would also need them to do it every game if that were the case.
    I dont even think Grant went back a better player than when he arrived.

Grealish is actually worth about £39.9 million more than Grant given the figures banded about !

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Alan Judge or Ryan Yates anyone.
    I'd have judge back anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    I'd have judge back anytime
    Agreed!

Just a thought but if Notts really are ambitious for the Championship I personally think we should be pulling out all the stops to bring Yates back on a permanent deal, make it a minimum 4 years with sell on clauses and offer him the captaincy. I suppose the issue will be around a fee and wages but if anyone is worth breaking the bank for who would be a realistic target and one for the future surely it would be him?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Just a thought but if Notts really are ambitious for the Championship I personally think we should be pulling out all the stops to bring Yates back on a permanent deal, make it a minimum 4 years with sell on clauses and offer him the captaincy. I suppose the issue will be around a fee and wages but if anyone is worth breaking the bank for who would be a realistic target and one for the future surely it would be him?
    And what would your estimate on his value be, for this tempting offer?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast