+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vs cardiff

vs cardiff

Price; Vyner, Ajayi, Wood, Mattock; Taylor, Vaulks, Palmer, Williams; Ball, Smith.SUBS | Rodak, Jones, Purrington, Raggett, Robertson, Ihiekwe, Wiles, Forde, Newell, Vassell.

Decent performance by the Millers tonight and a deserved 2-1 victory. Took a while to get going - too many stray passes early on, constantly giving away possession, but started to "click" after Cardiff scored and we looked quite good after that. Sponsors Man of the Match was Ajayi, but it really should have been Smith (strong performance over 90 minutes and a great winning goal) or Palmer - I know it was only a friendly, but must be his best performance in a Millers shirt, and what a well-taken headed goal! Surprise start for Vyner, although he didn't look fully fit. Other new signings looked useful. Vassell was a battering-ram that caused the Cardiff defence some problems when he replaced Ball. Fairly quiet game from Vaulks, although nothing bad about it and similar for Ball. Great to see Rodak back in goal for the second half.

Quiet game for Vaulks? you watched a different game to me. Thought Vaulks had a great game and I agree Ajayi was MOTM.
    Probably wanted to show Warnock something for letting him go. Now if he could play like that for say 90% of the forthcoming season then that would be great but we all know what he is sometimes incapable of delivering.

Liked the look of the second team(subs) more than the first team tbh who all seemed to want to prove their worth. Back line looked solid all night which is pleasing to mention.

It was only a friendly but a win boosts morale and that bodes well going forward.

I managed to get a team sheet prior to kick off but the numbers didn’t match. I liked the look of the young centre half they brought on, blond haired lad looked like a John Green in the making very solid and a good header of the Ball. Was that the trialist? Jones looked in total domination of his position. Time to move Purrington on?

Overall an enjoyable evening, well done to Warne and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

I managed to get a team sheet prior to kick off but the numbers didn’t match.
    Some of the numbers were wrong in the official programme too. A few tannoy announcements would have been helpful
    The tall defender who came on for us second half looked like Raggett - played well
    Last edited by mikemiller; 26-07-2018 at 04:45 AM.

Purrington looked excellent when he came on.

In a report by Dominic booth he states that they lost to Neil Warnocks former side . This really does get up my nose It was not one of Neil warnocks former sides, Club!!! yes but sides no This was Paul Warnes side and only Paul warnes he built this side not Warnock. Warnock you lost to Paul Warnes Rotherham United. Not Neil Warnocks

Like I’ve been saying Lol, Ajayi struggled in L1 but will be a much better player in Championship, Purrington will do well in Championship if Warney let’s him do his job which is defend.
    Smith will do well but will need help, can’t be expected to do it all himself every game for 90+ minutes
    Ball should have better games also

Shame we couldn’t have seen Procs which will also be excellent (injury free) think maybe it would have been too much after the behind closed doors game on the same day, who’s silly idea was that ?

Both smiffy and ajayi good games yesterday. Ajayi is a great player when he cuts out daft mistakes like he did yesterday. Smiffy gets more like Ronnie Moore every game ie good in the air, powerful, good leader of the line, good awareness of others and scoring goals. That's 7 i make pre season. We would be knacked atm if he got injured. Other good games from purrs who seems stronger and Palmer who grew into the game and scored a lovely header. And welcome back rodak so assured. It's looking good we just need the cms now for cover.

Other than the first 20 mins, when we really should have been 2-0 down, I felt we dominated the match. Ajayi was at his best ,but needs to keep it that way, and I would have personally given Michael Smith MOM as he had a right old tussle with Morrison and then Sol Bamba in second half and gave just as good as he got.
    Mattock looked sharp but did think vyner looked a little off the pace at moment. Second half subs all played well, Raggett, Vassell, Robertson and Jones all look useful and Palmer and Vaulks both played really well too.
    Hard to judge in a friendly, but we don't just look like we have a decent team, we look like a decent squad and I think warnie will have a few selection headaches, including on the bench.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast