+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't understand

who are you london ? never seen you on here before and an aggresive reply to my post to boot and by the way were gonna have to go above 15k a week maximum for better players chris knows this and although we dont want to upset the team spirit weve achieved in the last 2 years its got to happen if we want to get to the prem and other players got to realise this utb ftp

As I said earlier
    Man Utd have some players on £100,000 a week and others on £300,000 a week

All clubs pay players different amounts and if we want to improve we have to pay new players coming in more than our current players

A lot of our existing players are playing at the very highest level they will ever play and if we are to improve they will have to be replaced by new players on bigger salaries.

Any of them that do manage to stick around will find their contracts improved if they continue to prove they are good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Will we spend more than Wednesday this season?
    Rotherham will spend more than Wednesday this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    As I said earlier
    Man Utd have some players on £100,000 a week and others on £300,000 a week

All clubs pay players different amounts and if we want to improve we have to pay new players coming in more than our current players

A lot of our existing players are playing at the very highest level they will ever play and if we are to improve they will have to be replaced by new players on bigger salaries.

Any of them that do manage to stick around will find their contracts improved if they continue to prove they are good enough
    You're correct JJ,Sanchez is reportedly on more than £500,000 a week but it dunt seem to be Tufty's way to have big gaps in players wages and for me i'm happy to let Chris do it his way.UTCB

I heard yesterday that the Vydra deal to Leeds fell through because Leeds finished lower than Derby in league. However he was also wanting 50k a week. If true that is ridiculous for Championship clubs. But this also supports the wages argument. Too much money is being thrown about in Premiership and this is now trickling down to Championship - everyone wants a slice of the cake so to speak

Cant wait for day Sky pull out it will fxxx the lot up

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    You're correct JJ,Sanchez is reportedly on more than £500,000 a week but it dunt seem to be Tufty's way to have big gaps in players wages and for me i'm happy to let Chris do it his way.UTCB
    No problem paying better players more money, and top strikers will always earn more than full backs. I think the problems come when eg if Leon and Billy are on £15k, and you bring in someone roughly comparable in performance and record on a 4 year at £25k. If it was me, I'd be asking questions why I'm giving 100% doing exactly the same job for the team and getting paid £10k a week less.

The New Blades Revolution is built on attitude and team spirit and you can only stretch that so far if players feel aggrieved with the inequality of wages.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    who are you london ? never seen you on here before and an aggresive reply to my post to boot and by the way were gonna have to go above 15k a week maximum for better players chris knows this and although we dont want to upset the team spirit weve achieved in the last 2 years its got to happen if we want to get to the prem and other players got to realise this utb ftp
    Hardly aggressive. I was just trying to further highlight the point being made about the risk/issue of introducing better remunerated players to the group, which you didn't seem to grasp in your previous post. I too feel it will eventually be necessary but not on a young and relatively still unproven kid. If I was one of the more established and experienced players at Utd who have put in hard yards over the previous couple of years to get the club out of L1 and established in the Champ e.g. Fleck, JOC, I'd be far from happy if Gallagher was brought in on almost double what I was being paid.

the thing is its becoming a stumbling block in our progress i dont technicaly disagree with chris on salaries but if we do want to bring better quality in to the club its gonna cost us im afraid its modern day football and isnt gonna change thanks mainly to greedy players and agents

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123