+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend 1 2018/19

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So what are the chances of the Barnsley & Burnsley dingles meeting each other then, on the opening day in August next year ?.
    That’s cheeky Acido
    You boys are certainly on it this season and look good with the Pompey boys for going up. My daughter reckons Leeds will blow it but I am not so sure and who knows what us Nobbers will do. It would be nice to play with 11 men for the full game and I have no right to say dirty Leeds.
    What about you Dingles Alfi will you start to refocus now your out of the Europa comp or has the poor start going to make it a relegation dog fight

A dogfight,no doubt about it Gards.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    A dogfight,no doubt about it Gards.
    Burnley may improve, Barnsley starting to slide a bit but I think auto promotion will be a fight (Bfud are looking at the other end this year, I watched them at Blackpool yesterday, oh dear) - PNE need to get their act together soon or again in trouble - Leeds, I keep waiting for it all to go wrong; Millwall will be one to win, then we have the K-enders visiting on Tuesday, no doubt thinking they can repeat the cup win - I hope not but sods law says they will get a lucky win.

I don't know about sliding a bit Cal, although we are throwing some games away at home which we should be winning thats for sure.
    But we're third and are still unbeaten so far, and I would have happily taken such a good start to the new season at that time when we were relegated last season.
    As for Bradford, who is or who was Mikey Collins ?. lol

I don't know about sliding a bit Cal, although we are throwing some games away at home which we should be winning thats for sure.
    But we're third and are still unbeaten so far, and I would have happily taken such a good start to the new season at that time when we were relegated last season.
    As for Bradford, who is or who was Mikey Collins ?. lol
    Then along came Coventry - joint 6th now matey - your next four games are hardly easy, win them all and start believing

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Then along came Coventry - joint 6th now matey - your next four games are hardly easy, win them all and start believing
    But we havent won away at Cov in about 90 years, back in the days when Alfie was a ****ager.
    I still think we'll be there or thereabouts this season though.

But we havent won away at Cov in about 90 years, back in the days when Alfie was a ****ager.
    I still think we'll be there or thereabouts this season though.
    Too early to say - the only thing that is definite at the moment is how bad Preston are - some of their players gave up tonight, good job we were below strength

Sounds pretty poor from the Nobbers tonight to be honest.
    Nothing is won or lost at this early stage of the season Cal, but Leeds are looking surprisingly good at the moment.
    Last edited by Acido; 18-09-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Sounds pretty poor from the Nobbers tonight to be honest.
    Nothing is won or lost at this early stage of the season Cal, but Leeds are looking surprisingly good at the moment.
    You're right there mate but PNE are doomed at the moment, they only had one player who impressed me a bit, Barkhuizen had a go now and again. They keep playing Johnson year in but he has never done much to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    You're right there mate but PNE are doomed at the moment, they only had one player who impressed me a bit, Barkhuizen had a go now and again. They keep playing Johnson year in but he has never done much to impress.
    Well lets ask our 'host' on this thread eh... Gards matey, what about those Nobbers this season eh ?.
    Alex Neill was a player with us in the early 00's, and at times he was a tricky little attack minded midfielder/winger.
    But I was surprised to see him get the manager role at Naarich when he did, and even more so when they got rid of him because he wasn't doing that badly there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)