+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mikey Devlin

Mikey Devlin

With all the talk about McKenna and his valuation, who is bidding for him, what we should accept etc etc I think Devlin has slipped under the radar.

I've been very very impressed with him so far and believe he can only get better too. The little I have seen justifies why McInnes pursued him and brought him in despite his injury.

Think we potentially have another 7 figure centre half on our hands here. Bold statement but I genuinely do.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    With all the talk about McKenna and his valuation, who is bidding for him, what we should accept etc etc I think Devlin has slipped under the radar.

I've been very very impressed with him so far and believe he can only get better too. The little I have seen justifies why McInnes pursued him and brought him in despite his injury.

Think we potentially have another 7 figure centre half on our hands here. Bold statement but I genuinely do.
    Agree 100% with what you say there, I always hoped we signed him long before we actually did. His injury could eb a blessing for us, if he hadnt had it he would no doubt be down in England.

Devlin, Hoban and Ball have all had really good starts to the season.

Quite hopeful for all three

I agree. Hoban, in particular, has a very good touch, which is especially evident in tight situations and I think we'll be very secure defensively this season with plenty of height and aggression. The goals will be hard to come by though unless we can sign a proven goal scorer. Cosgrove is clearly a target man to hold the ball and lay it off, which he does well,but I think that May is finished at this level and we should cut our losses when someone else comes in. Neither is likely to score many goals in my view and I think we'll need to rely on the wingers and midfielders to chip in.

Thought Devlin recovered well last night from a ropey start to the game and he looks like he has the potential to form a decent partnership with McKenna. Won't count any chickens yet though as I also thought Reynolds was a decent defender.

Hoban I thought played really well in the first half last night in a role where he could wander. He seemed to be everywhere. Disappeared a bit in the second half though unsurprisingly.

I was a fan of his leadership skills in the he first leg. Always talking. We need more leaders.

Ball is good at it too

I didn't know too much about him but from someone in the know, once fit was going to be a very good player but will get caught out of position far too easily.

With Ferguson and Devlin potentially being stick outs for us, makes you wonder why the fuck we stopped our west coast operation. Crazy move.

Hopefully stays fit & we see the best of him.
    Has looked fine so far.
    One minor worry though - he does seem to dive in & try & intercept or get balls he can’t

This guy is a leader.

Next captain, and a brilliant signing by McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    This guy is a leader.

Next captain, and a brilliant signing by McInnes.
    I really like Devlin. I also think he will get better the more he plays for us. McKenna is going nowhere and he is the next captain if we need one if something happens to Shinnie (hopefully not).

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast