+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Club off the market?

Club off the market?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...crete-15913530

Like it was ever really on the market.

Totally unrealistic price or totally unrealistic add-on clauses, take your pick...he isn't interested in selling the goose that continues to lay golden eggs for him.

Nothing will change, barring a miracle....Rafa, rightly, wants assurances about investment in the team and the Academy and training facilities but Ashley won't give him them until Rafa signs a contract. Impasse...with only one 'winner'. Unless fatso has a massive change of heart (has he got one) then Rafa will be off and the future doesn't bear thinking about. And if Ashley doesn't change, then maybe more of our fans will have to...

Ashley will never change.Doesnt have to.But like you say the club was never up for sale in the first place so hardly news.

Why should he have to change?

Players have been bought. It's been proved they can perform.
    If people want to put it down to Rafa being a genius and managing to get them to perform then go for it. The issue is clear and will always be clear. Like him or hate him Ashley owns the club and Ashley sanctions the buys.

The buys, although most being cheap/bargains, or whatever name people want to bestow upon those buys..are doing a job and are proving they can do a better job than most thought.

If the issue is still making a stand about not buying a season ticket then that's every fan's right, just as it's every fan's right to buy one and actually accept that the squad isn't anywhere near as bad as was and still is being made out.
    It's more than capable of easily battling it out with the top 10 and argument wise, top 8.

I'm still not enjoying Rafa's football on the whole but he's certainly gave it a go in the last half a dozen games and for that I commend him.
    We have a record signing now, courtesy of Ashley, regardless of whether people want to see it as a stunt or some kind of panic button.
    Let's not get too far out with the millions stakes by looking at other moneybag clubs splashing out.
    We've seen what can happen with constant big buys.

Imagine what Raf could do with 100 million I hear people say. Aye, imagine.
    Imagine what would happen if that 100 million doesn't work.
    There's two sides to every story.

Too much focus is still on the owner. The owner has sanctioned transfers and wages. Is it ideal? Is it what everyone wants? Is it way below what's expected?
    That depends on what you're looking at and how it's looked at overall against the elites, which Newcastle United in the north east of England are not invited into.

The days of rubbing shoulders with the big guns will not be back until the game is fair, whether Ashley and Rafa run it or some other pairing.

This isn't about an Ashley love/hate or a Rafa love me love me not scenario. It's about seeing that we are not far behind anyone outside of the top 8.

....there goes the neighbourhood.

Jeezus.

Dwummc.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

If people want to put it down to Rafa being a genius and managing to get them to perform then go for it. The issue is clear and will always be clear. Like him or hate him Ashley owns the club and Ashley sanctions the buys.

The buys, although most being cheap/bargains, or whatever name people want to bestow upon those buys..are doing a job and are proving they can do a better job than most thought.

If the issue is still making a stand about not buying a season ticket then that's every fan's right, just as it's every fan's right to buy one and actually accept that the squad isn't anywhere near as bad as was and still is being made out.
    It's more than capable of easily battling it out with the top 10 and argument wise, top 8.

I'm still not enjoying Rafa's football on the whole but he's certainly gave it a go in the last half a dozen games and for that I commend him.
    We have a record signing now, courtesy of Ashley, regardless of whether people want to see it as a stunt or some kind of panic button.
    Let's not get too far out with the millions stakes by looking at other moneybag clubs splashing out.

Too much focus is still on the owner. The owner has sanctioned transfers and wages. Is it ideal? Is it what everyone wants? Is it way below what's expected?
    That depends on what you're looking at and how it's looked at overall against the elites, which Newcastle United in the north east of England are not invited into.

The days of rubbing shoulders with the big guns will not be back until the game is fair, whether Ashley and Rafa run it or some other pairing.

This isn't about an Ashley love/hate or a Rafa love me love me not scenario. It's about seeing that we are not far behind anyone outside of the top 8.
    But before the ridiculous Ashley scenario we could look forward to being well up amongst the top eight. Not scrabbleing around to stay just above the relegation zone.

See the dummy is back in,the feet have stopped stamping.B0llocks,B0llocks and more B0llocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    See the dummy is back in,the feet have stopped stamping.B0llocks,B0llocks and more B0llocks.
    I wonder if he has the other one in his back pocket.

Or perhaps the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...crete-15913530

Like it was ever really on the market.

Totally unrealistic price or totally unrealistic add-on clauses, take your pick...he isn't interested in selling the goose that continues to lay golden eggs for him.

Nothing will change, barring a miracle....Rafa, rightly, wants assurances about investment in the team and the Academy and training facilities but Ashley won't give him them until Rafa signs a contract. Impasse...with only one 'winner'. Unless fatso has a massive change of heart (has he got one) then Rafa will be off and the future doesn't bear thinking about. And if Ashley doesn't change, then maybe more of our fans will have to...
    Aye - well said Zip.

I suspect it wasn't really on the market, maybe it was to a degree that Ashley thought he'd screw a huge amount out of a hedge fund and then discovered that Kenyon didn't have the money he thought he did.

Either way, it'll probably go back on sale in summer and then december ready for those windows.

We'll lose Rafa in the summer and I worry who we'll get in replacement.

Each to their own, but I have enjoyed the way weve played in the last few games.Rafa doing a cracking job with the resources he has.Unfortunately, if he has any sense, he will walk away at the end of the season with his head held high>Our owner isn't going to change, so theres more of this to come, fighting relegation, out of cups, I fear.WE STILL need to get rid of him, so stop going folks.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)