+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Rodwell

Jack Rodwell

TM in talks. Cheap low risk deal if it comes off.

I'd give him a shot...but, I'm not the Manager!!!...or, how you folks say, "give him a punt"?!!!

If it's the rodwell pre Sunderland then fantastic but he will need to prove himself as the fantastic prospect he was before Sunderland.

This news is deeply concerning. I really worry about these links.
    If I could name one player we don't need, wont be good enough and a total waste of wage ...this is it.
    We may aswell start signing wasters like Leon Best back.

A complete waste of time and money.
    If we get guys like this, we'll be back in Div1 in no time. Probably next season.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    This news is deeply concerning. I really worry about these links.
    If I could name one player we don't need, wont be good enough and a total waste of wage ...this is it.
    We may aswell start signing wasters like Leon Best back.

A complete waste of time and money.
    If we get guys like this, we'll be back in Div1 in no time. Probably next season.
    Maybe.. But couldn't the same have been said of joey Barton when nobody would touch him and Burnley took a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Maybe.. But couldn't the same have been said of joey Barton when nobody would touch him and Burnley took a chance?
    Fair point. and see the logic in your thinking.
    Even though trouble followed Barton, he always did well at QPR, Newcastle, City and Marseille. There was always a player in there to work with.
    Rodwell promised a lot a long time ago and has done absolutely nothing since. To me he is a waster. And we have spent too many years getting shut of guys like that.
    The other way of looking, is TM probably thinks he can get something out of him. I worry his wages would be quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Fair point. and see the logic in your thinking.
    Even though trouble followed Barton, he always did well at QPR, Newcastle, City and Marseille. There was always a player in there to work with.
    Rodwell promised a lot a long time ago and has done absolutely nothing since. To me he is a waster. And we have spent too many years getting shut of guys like that.
    The other way of looking, is TM probably thinks he can get something out of him. I worry his wages would be quite high.
    I think I'm just being ridiculously optimistic..!

I'm actually really fearful my worst case scenario is coming to fruition.

then chill!! Let me worry about things and you be the positive one!

Its a long long season, and as you can see we will fight in every game. The fear is, we will get injuries, we may even get very unlucky like last season, and lose one of our best players for the whole season. We may lose lots of key players.

We just need to strengthen. Not bring in bodies to fill up. Who wont come in and contribute.
    The midfielder would need to be a major step up from Smallwood. Rodwell isn't.

Roswell signs in.. Good luck Tony!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)