+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idrissa sylla

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    The championship is a great division.. Look at our disappointment of reading giving us a tougher game than expected.. Then they go to villa and do the same.

Its hard to decide what is a bad result!
    Saxo, it's going to be even more true in the Championship than D.1 by the look of it. At the moment, Leeds and Middlesbrough are looking impressive, but it seems pretty even beyond those two. Bolton and Rotherham were overwhelming favourites for relegation, but Bolton have only been beaten once, and Rotherham have won two.
    That's why I get p*ssed off with some of the Telegraph posters. You can bet your bottom dollar, the moment we lose one, it will all be down to poor management. In reality, quite a lot of unpredictable elements are involved - including luck.
    To be honest, we probably got two more points than we deserved against Brentford, but that is balanced by the freak Ipswich equaliser (which, of course, in some circles was put down to something Mowbray had done or not done!)
    What TM has instilled in us is that "hard-to-beat" quality, which is so important. I remember Howard Kendall doing the same thing years ago - again with a team that wasn't technically the best in the League by far.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs, I have no idea what that means. Every football supporter would prefer to be high in the league, rather than low.
    In terms of team-progress, however, you seem to be making an assumption that any change is for the better. I have lived a long life, and I can assure you...that is not a given!
    In football terms, we showed what we can do with spirit on Saturday. We need to get technically better, of course, but I don't have your implicit faith that a 19-year-old will automatically make a massive difference. Apart from anything else, whose place will he take?
    Can you give a direct pointer to the Rovers supporters who have stated we "we should get back down the table where we belong"?
    I think you are being extreme. Not everyone is going to see things exactly the way you do. That does not make them "fearful" or "unambitious" or whatever.
    I would be delighted to get promotion because it represents success. It certainly would not thrill me, however, because of it involving promotion to the PL. I have enjoyed the Championship games I have watched this season (not just Rovers) - partly because many of them are competitive and even. I'm not so keen on being in a League where there is a huge divide between the top six and the rest.
    Ditto !

Champs, Aucks view like myself is governed by many many decades of 'seeing things before' (many times over).
    Yes of course this does not necessarily mean we are better equipped to determine things, but does make you cautious (not fearful, far from it) of the outcome of things when changes are made.
    i have great trust in TM, as has Aucks. But he's human just like everyone so will make the odd miscalculation now and again.
    All know my views on the Prem. But it's a financial necessity now so the jump really needs to be made.
    Having said that, it is also necessary in order to satisfy 'expectation' as a culmination of a successful seasons campaign.
    More and more in these wonderful times 'only first place counts'!!!

This squad give their all for the cause, and for me that's all I ask.

This is an excellent forum with sensible debating going on (even Sax now &#128521, long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Saxo, it's going to be even more true in the Championship than D.1 by the look of it. At the moment, Leeds and Middlesbrough are looking impressive, but it seems pretty even beyond those two. Bolton and Rotherham were overwhelming favourites for relegation, but Bolton have only been beaten once, and Rotherham have won two.
    That's why I get p*ssed off with some of the Telegraph posters. You can bet your bottom dollar, the moment we lose one, it will all be down to poor management. In reality, quite a lot of unpredictable elements are involved - including luck.
    To be honest, we probably got two more points than we deserved against Brentford, but that is balanced by the freak Ipswich equaliser (which, of course, in some circles was put down to something Mowbray had done or not done!)
    What TM has instilled in us is that "hard-to-beat" quality, which is so important. I remember Howard Kendall doing the same thing years ago - again with a team that wasn't technically the best in the League by far.
    Ben isn't signed for now. Although he will play and will get game time, we won't rely on him.
    Teams like Forest are signing Grabban. Who is proven, is on massive wages, and will play. Instead of Ben. Huge mistake. But I'm glad we are not going that way. Mowbray isn't signing players for £6m who will offer nothing going forward. It's not about the hear and now. In 12 months to 2 seasons we are building a side that can go for promotion. The hope is this investment will come off down the line, while he grows in our side. I'd say our side is the perfect side to grow in. Even the level headed Forest fans can see that's a positive step.
    I watched Nutall closely on Sat. Like Travis he isn't ready. Far too raw. We simply can't rely on these players. I trust in the manager who is making the right decisions.

Champs, I agree about Nuttall. I hope he gets a loan-place and lots of games.
    Travis, however, has fitted in pretty seamlessly every time he has appeared. I would say he has to be tested this season - not as a starter in every game, but with enough time on the pitch to show his potential.

I too feel sorry for Travis the lad has potential but faith has been placed elsewhere
    Now reed has been signed and almost brereton I expect Tomlinson,Travis and nuttall to go out on loan to high end league 1 teams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)