+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feels a bit surreal!

A fantastic result which proves a good team spirit will get you far
    Hats off to all at Blackburn rovers
    They all knuckled down when we started life in league one and havnt stopped since.
    Tony Mowbray has done a remarkable job,he has not only built a team to be proud of,he has changed the ethics of the whole club
    What's more he has got the ear of the bosses in India,which is fantastic because they are finally listening to a football man.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    A fantastic result which proves a good team spirit will get you far
    Hats off to all at Blackburn rovers
    They all knuckled down when we started life in league one and havnt stopped since.
    Tony Mowbray has done a remarkable job,he has not only built a team to be proud of,he has changed the ethics of the whole club
    What's more he has got the ear of the bosses in India,which is fantastic because they are finally listening to a football man.
    That is the crucial difference.

Sax, I am not in the least upset (strange choice of word) as you put it.
    I am well aware, as last seasons last game showed, that there are a multitude of ‘less than genuine’ supporters out there.
    I was in no way relating to them. Sunshine/plastic supporters I believe they’re termed as.
    I am on about the ones that care for the club but just cannot seem to ‘get past’ Venkys continued ownership.
    If they want them gone, this to me is an emerging possibility to see
    It happen ie they recoup their losses, we are restored to some kind of earlier level (when they arrived) and with that we’re truly saleable.

Who knows if that’s going to happen, but we’re certainly heading in the right direction. A swell of a supportive crowd can only assist in that endeavour.

IMO ��

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    A lot of absentees want to see quality signings made.. Not just talk.. There's been enough big statements with no action during our owners reign.. Folk want to see players run out in blue and white.. That happens and we should see a steady increase in attendance.
    You said we'd be adrift at the bottom after 10 games. You made a point of saying it. You should by rights say you where completely wrong

We have just played the 3 worst supported away teams in the division. One on a Tues night. We get around 11/12k. That will grow once we look like staying around the play offs.
    Once we start playing the local sides, and Leeds, Sheff Utd, Wednesday, Boro, West Brom, Stoke etc the crowd will be more like 18/20k. It could be in the 20's for a few games

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    What a battle! I'm not quite sure I agree with the official site that we deserved all three points, but it makes up for the Millwall and Ipswich games, where we did.
    There's loads of talk everywhere about new players, but Evans, Nyambe and Bennett have been superbly consistent this season, despite being up a level.
    Smallwood was better today, as well. He is not looking composed on the ball, but he fights for everything.
    A great experience for Nuttall. One thing that has struck me about the Championship so far is that the centre-backs don't just rely on "beef". Joe found space hard to come by, but he worked really hard. If he can get 30 games under his belt in D.1 or D.2, I think he could come good. (Mind you, he probably won't go at all, if the saga of Brereton doesn't finally come down in our favour!)
    Raya is a superb shot-stopper, but I still think his distribution needs work.
    Rothwell continues to look like a real bargain. I'm still not convinced that Bell is better than Williams, despite his extra pace. Not much in it for me, but some posters on the Telegraph seem to think it's an open-and-shut case in Bell's favour.
    Palmer was a mixed bag, but he took the goal well.
    Excellent, really, that we can do this without Dack, Armstrong (and Graham).

Bell is the future though. He is much younger. We are building a side for the future. Bell hasn't put a foot wrong. And is steady. Therefore won't lose his place in the side

Hang on, Champs! Williams is 25; Bell is 24. It's hardly a significant factor.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    You said we'd be adrift at the bottom after 10 games. You made a point of saying it. You should by rights say you where completely wrong
    I was completely wrong.

Feel better?

I should emphasise too my post above is what I believe absentee fans might be feeling.

I'm now happy with things at Rovers personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I was completely wrong.

Feel better?
    It's worth remembering this though. And why I get so annoyed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)