+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forde

He might well be for sale but no other club has bought him and no other club has taken him on loan.

Not good for RT or BHA for him to languish in their third team

I don't think Towell is what we need now we've got Manning.
    I'd like to see us sign a warrior who can look after the ball and pick a pass. Not much to ask 😊

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    He might well be for sale but no other club has bought him and no other club has taken him on loan.

Not good for RT or BHA for him to languish in their third team
    problem with loaning towell is he would only be on loan till january when brighton would want to sell. if we pay the fee brighton want then come january we have to pay towell way more than any other player on our books, something warne is not prepared to do...

option 1. dont buy him and wait till the summer when we save 250k (if he still wants to come) and on a reasonable wage..
    option 2. loan him for 3 month (if brighton are willing too) then if he plays well other club comes in to buy/offer him what he wants in january..
    option 3 walk away and look elsewhere...

towell has 2 options atm. sit tight getting a very good wage for the next 9 month. or drop a division and get a lot less in wages but a stable contract for 2 poss 3 year...

if i was towell im sitting tight till the summer... if estimates are close to the truth then hes got to sit tight as es getting a min of 3x what we will pay

if im rufc im moving on

If Towell wanted to come he'd be here by now time to move on imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey46 View Post
    If Towell wanted to come he'd be here by now time to move on imo.
    It's not just down to Richie Towells decision though is it.

If Anthony Forde did go we would need a bette player in to play wide right, no good bringing a like for like player in.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 27-08-2018 at 08:44 AM. Reason: crap at grammar.

Warney hopeful of getting at least one player in.

Reading between the lines, Forde won’t be going on loan unless he want s to knock on Warner’s door and requests it

I hope he stays with us tbh

Yes I watched th interview (still will be a rarity) Warney was freezing 😂

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    It's not just down to Richie Towells decision though is it.

If Anthony Forde did go we would need a bette player in to play wide right, no good bringing a like for like player in.
    Difficult one this. We've got Williams, Vassell and Taylor who can all play wide right. I'm not sure that Warne should be looking for someone else in that position when there are more obvious deficiencies in the squad.

Thought of a option 4.
    If no one wants to buy or loan towell I'm sure Brighton will loan him to us for the season if we pay X amount of his wages..
    Come end of season offer him the going rate for our team as a take it or leave it ..

Either way it's a risk on our part as if he's not championship STD we have him all season. And if he's good he will go to a club willing to pay a decent wage for free. 😏. Move on warne, it's almost dragging as much as the tubbs saga

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Difficult one this. We've got Williams, Vassell and Taylor who can all play wide right. I'm not sure that Warne should be looking for someone else in that position when there are more obvious deficiencies in the squad.
    We all know a Central attacking midfielder is a priority however PW would like to bring in one player with extra pace up front.
    Can Jon Taylor or Vassell play wide right ?? It took Jon Taylor a while to strike up a defensive partnership with Josh Emmanuel last season, Williams looked much better wide right.
    Ryan Williams certainly can play wide right although he does tend to come inside onto his favoured left foot.
    I would prefer Vassell down the middle knocking centre-backs about. Can't wait for Jamie Proctor to get back to full fitness and Jones to recover from his hip injury. ( Jones may be available for the squad against Everton )

IF and I do say if Anthony Forde went out it would deplete the squad to somewhere around 20 players and that includes 3 goalkeepers, not acceptable in my opinion.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 27-08-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Warney hopeful of getting at least one player in.

Reading between the lines, Forde won’t be going on loan unless he want s to knock on Warner’s door and requests it

I hope he stays with us tbh

Yes I watched th interview (still will be a rarity) Warney was freezing 😂

I'll be surprised at this juncture if we get anyone else in - happy to be proved otherwise though, so long as they improve the squad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12