+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life Threatening, Wrist Slashing, Samaritans Rubbish

Having watched almost all of the teams in this season's EPL, it looks like we might be in for one heck of a difficult season.

So, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Its Burnley Football Club we support, whether we are playing well or not, its our team and we have a right to praise or vent our Spleen on here.

What the hell does Life Threatening, Wrist Slashing and Samaritan Rubbish have to do with it ?
    One of my sons committed suicide when he was just 23 years old and we never knew why. With some of the desperation being talked about on here currently, I always think it is best to know that help is at hand, no matter how bad things get.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sorry alto --according to Collins Dictionary:- "Football is a game played by two teams of eleven players using a round ball. Players kick the ball to each other and try to score goals by kicking the ball into a large net."
    No mention of business, it is only a game whether you play at Under 7 stage or Internationally and the object is the same for each team ---to score goals by kicking the ball into a large net.
    It's just that we are not very good at kicking a ball into the net.

And we are not that good at defending.

Maybe the next challenge is the world tiddlywinks championship in Olso.

We have the money for the entrance fee

We are good at increasing the Burnley FC bank account and paying shareholders money.

Has anyone seen Bob Lord lurking around in the dark at the back of his stand?

I thought I heard a chuckle one night--but must have drempt it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    One of my sons committed suicide when he was just 23 years old and we never knew why. With some of the desperation being talked about on here currently, I always think it is best to know that help is at hand, no matter how bad things get.
    Really sorry to hear that BT.How long ago was that?

So sorry to hear that. Just watched a programme by one of the Doctor twins Xander ? On male suicide and the fact that men don’t talk about it. He advocated asking men have you ever thought about suicide to get them talking.
    Not sure how that would go down up north!,

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Really sorry to hear that BT.How long ago was that?
    2001 and it still burns deep into my soul CiB and that's one of the main reasons I cannot abide unnecessary negativity. When people say "Get a Life", I wish my son could.

2001 and it still burns deep into my soul CiB and that's one of the main reasons I cannot abide unnecessary negativity. When people say "Get a Life", I wish my son could.
    Having 4 children myself-3 of them boys-I cannot and do not want to imagine what you must have gone through and be still going through.The reason I asked was that a friend of mine committed suicide back in 1989 and I thought there could have been a link.He was only 22-23 years old and it came as a total shock to everybody.He seemed a really solid lad without a care in the world.I remember asking about him one day and my Father told me what had happened and I just stood there and could not say a word-a mixture of shock but moreover sorrow and sadness. It puts all this football lark into perspective.

BT --so sorry to read this about your son, such a shame that this sort of thing happens.

I read your comments about abiding unnecessary negativity and this is also something about which I think the same and the reason is similar to yours, although not concerned with a family member.
    I lost 19 colleagues who were burned to death in a bus crash in Germany in 1985 and I have always maintained a positive attitude to everything since that day. I put a little bit extra in every day just for them because they can't. As CiB says it puts this football lark into perspective.

losing a loved one - is the worst...there can't be many on here that haven't suffered it, that's something we all have in common - and is obviously a place that should "never" be confused with straightforward attachments....that plays in an different league altogether

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)