+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second division team

Second division team

We had a low end prem high end championship squad to start with, then all the players this summer we signed apart from kenedy and muto were all relegated last season with their clubs.

Scrapping the f*cking barrel, but mike has done a great job we might just about stay up!!! What more could us geordies want? Why should we be wanting to improve like all clubs do?

Spurs are now like we were before ashley challanging for Europe and champions league had very good players sometimes finishing top 4 if spurs had a few seasons of mediocrity then got a owner like ashley not spending a penny and started fighting relegation would the same pundits be saying the same about tottenham as they do about us and sticking up for the owner saying spurs fans are deluded ? I very much doubt it

Ah, but the rules are different for 'media-darlings' clubs.

Palace, for example-got rid of Pardew after a season or so and pundits nodded their heads and said 'aye, had it coming'. Everton binned Allardyce and it's 'oh, but the football is much better now and the poor Everton fans shouldn't have had to put up with such agricultural football'. Man u have spent £100s of millions on their team but when Mourinho whinges about not enough being spent this Summer pundits ask 'should the board have backed him'.

I swear it's a geographical thing...'ah, we can say anything we like, those northern monkeys can barely read and they don't matter anyway...they're basically Scottish, aren't they?'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Man u have spent £100s of millions on their team but when Mourinho whinges about not enough being spent this Summer pundits ask 'should the board have backed him'.
    Spot on. And what happens when we want more than we are getting? "Mike Ashley is entitled to do what he's doing, he's made the club financially stable". Man Utd are knee deep in debt, but "a manager like Mourinho needs to be backed properly".

FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Spot on. And what happens when we want more than we are getting? "Mike Ashley is entitled to do what he's doing, he's made the club financially stable". Man Utd are knee deep in debt, but "a manager like Mourinho needs to be backed properly".

FFS.
    Then they will say man utd are the biggeat club in the world, which they aren't and nufc are a nothing club that havent won anything for a billion years....

It's a ****ing joke and i know people say everybody feels their club is picked on by the media but we really are.

When something positive is said their always has to be an add on about the fans.

I'd love to see Spuds or Everton get the same media treatment as us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It's a ****ing joke and i know people say everybody feels their club is picked on by the media but we really are.

When something positive is said their always has to be an add on about the fans.

I'd love to see Spuds or Everton get the same media treatment as us.
    Unfortunately this media treatment you talk about is a result of what Ashley has made our club into over the years of his ownership. And made the people on the outside believe we are nothing but a mediocre club. A mediocre team is what we have but a mediocre club is something we will never be and they need to start realising this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Unfortunately this media treatment you talk about is a result of what Ashley has made our club into over the years of his ownership. And made the people on the outside believe we are nothing but a mediocre club. A mediocre team is what we have but a mediocre club is something we will never be and they need to start realising this.
    I heard that simon jordan talking on radio the other day and he said newcastle are a big club, but the amount of times before ive heard him take the p*ss out of us and say we arent a big club, so what are we simon? Thats a example of how useless these are

As far as I know, your owner no longer wishes to bank roll the club as he wishes to sell. Therefore he allows the funds the club generates itself for transfers. Sounds fair enough to me until he can sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Therefore he allows the funds the club generates itself for transfers. .
    No. He doesn't. Are you just here to take the piss?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No. He doesn't. Are you just here to take the piss?
    No.. Apologies if that's not accurate.. That's the official line I've read.

If it was true then, it would be fair enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)