+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brereton signs

Brereton signs

Official!! Welcome to Rovers Ben.

£7m to pay at the end of the season.

He's on Loan! No mention of 7M at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    He's on Loan! No mention of 7M at the end of the season.
    Rich Sharpe confirms the deal is perm is all but name. He is our player mate.

Oh and by the way.. Karanka is a wan..

I thought it was a loan to make permanent in January.
    Great signing,which gives Mowbray a bit of a selection headache for Saturday
    In a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I thought it was a loan to make permanent in January.
    Great signing,which gives Mowbray a bit of a selection headache for Saturday
    In a good way.

Sorry, that IS correct. He is going to sign permanent in Jan, we have him on loan until then.
    But he will not be returning to Forest either way.
    He is our player now.

This signing is two fold.
    We are wanting to make a big statement to the rest of this league that we are deadly serious, and are here to go for it, not sit and tread water.
    And we are very keen to sign young, fast players with the potential for a big sell on clause if he does well.
    And we will pay wages to compete with the rest to attract such names.

I know he isn't injured, but I doubt he will be match fit, so I don't think we will see him on Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Sorry, that IS correct. He is going to sign permanent in Jan, we have him on loan until then.
    But he will not be returning to Forest either way.
    He is our player now.

This signing is two fold.
    We are wanting to make a big statement to the rest of this league that we are deadly serious, and are here to go for it, not sit and tread water.
    And we are very keen to sign young, fast players with the potential for a big sell on clause if he does well.
    And we will pay wages to compete with the rest to attract such names.

I know he isn't injured, but I doubt he will be match fit, so I don't think we will see him on Sat.
    Champs - I'm not clear how such loan-to-buy deals work. Does it mean either party can pull out before the "buy" part is confirmed, or is it just because we have gone beyond the permanent signing window for this year?

I posted this on another thread, but the time-difference means I can't always get into a discussion when everyone's awake! I'll copy it here because I would genuinely like to know why the Brereton business (and other similar deals) took so long:

"Thank the Lord he's finally arrived.
    This has been a farce. He claims to have been keen all along, so what on earth have all the delays been about?
    His agent? Forest themselves? The price? (The last one doesn't seem to have been a major factor from what we hear).
    Surely there has to be a better transfer system than the one we've got!
    I know...people will tell me we have to let the "free market" do its job, but - as usual - what it has led to is the very rich (Man. City, etc) monopolising the very best players by paying anything that's asked, with an inevitable inflationary effect on the rest of us. But it isn't just the money in itself; it's the fact that it has led to agents (and sometimes owners) holding on for better and better deals, thus paralysing the whole process.
    Madness!"

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - I'm not clear how such loan-to-buy deals work. Does it mean either party can pull out before the "buy" part is confirmed, or is it just because we have gone beyond the permanent signing window for this year?
    It's so unclear Aucks. Us mere mortals won't be privy to such information. It's down to certain add-ons and hitting certain targets. They will be things like- if he plays a certain amount of games we pay 'this much ££' etc.
    What's also unclear is, what if he breaks his leg? Is he ours, is he going back? Who knows!!! If he comes in, gets his head down, then he will play. But like TM said, he's 19, we won't over-play him. But we can offer him game time. If he plays and does well then in Jan, we pay £6m. Which will likely be the scenario. Not saying he will be amazing from day one, but bit by bit I think he will make an impact.

Just I can't give you much more? As nobody really knows. What took so long, was their owner getting personally involved as he was playing hard ball. And we never backed down. All we did was stand our ground, and offer what they initially turned down. They eventually accepted. The loan is a mere formality. We just wanted a way to sign him now. We'll pay that £6m in Jan either way. I bet we spend more at that point if needs be.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I posted this on another thread, but the time-difference means I can't always get into a discussion when everyone's awake! I'll copy it here because I would genuinely like to know why the Brereton business (and other similar deals) took so long:

"Thank the Lord he's finally arrived.
    This has been a farce. He claims to have been keen all along, so what on earth have all the delays been about?
    His agent? Forest themselves? The price? (The last one doesn't seem to have been a major factor from what we hear).
    Surely there has to be a better transfer system than the one we've got!
    I know...people will tell me we have to let the "free market" do its job, but - as usual - what it has led to is the very rich (Man. City, etc) monopolising the very best players by paying anything that's asked, with an inevitable inflationary effect on the rest of us. But it isn't just the money in itself; it's the fact that it has led to agents (and sometimes owners) holding on for better and better deals, thus paralysing the whole process.
    Madness!"
    Aucks theres me, you, Saxo, Robin and Despair. We can easily all agree on a good time to have a live chat.
    Weekends and Fri night's are great for me. Or Sat mornings. Let us know, we'll arrange a weekly meet up & chat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)