+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

I expect very little movement from us in the transfer window. A couple of loanee's at best. Derek tends to think short term rather than long term, so it will be enough to get us to the end of the season.

Dont expect any big signings with a push for the title. Not a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'd like to think we might try and snap up one or two young, up and coming, players in the mould of Ferguson and Devlin
    Turnball at Motherwell is one to keep an eye on.

Cadden is another one whose played well against us in the past, his contract runs out in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Turnball at Motherwell is one to keep an eye on.

Cadden is another one whose played well against us in the past, his contract runs out in the summer.
    Stephen Craigan (& he should know having coached the boy) was bigging up Turnbull the other week.

Not convinced by Cadden. Versatile player but never stood out as one we should go for, although it wouldn’t surprise me if we were interested.

I think I said a few days ago, I’d heard we’d been looking at Scott Pittman of Livi.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I expect very little movement from us in the transfer window. A couple of loanee's at best. Derek tends to think short term rather than long term, so it will be enough to get us to the end of the season.

Dont expect any big signings with a push for the title. Not a chance!
    Agree with this.
    A left back on loan & maybe a striker.

Depends to an extent who we offload to create space in wage bill.
    Forrester & Tansey must be surplus to requirements, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agree with this.
    A left back on loan & maybe a striker.

Depends to an extent who we offload to create space in wage bill.
    Forrester & Tansey must be surplus to requirements, surely?
    Don't see how Forrester will ever get into the current side - we played 5 attacking players v Livi and he still couldn't get a look in. I can't imagine we'll let him go for free seeing as we paid about £200k for him, but I wonder if we might ship him out on loan somewhere in the hope he can get games and maybe come back to us in the summer a different player.

Tansey could probably go to a bottom 6 SPL team or top half of Championship and get a game, so there might be interest. Although some may not want to take a punt on him given he's been injured for about the last 2 years.

I think Gleeson may yet have a part to play (still not convinced by him but he did fairly well in the last 2 games he came on), and with Ball, Ferguson, Shinnie, Campbell (and Hoban to return) we've got a few who can fill the middle 2 slots.

I think we'll surprise a few in January and do something like 4 IN and 4 OUT by the deadline.

a few players are not flavour of the month so can see DM cutting a few deals to recoup some of their wages ie Tansey, Wilson, the Irish midfielders etc, maybe even Hoban or Reynolds.

He’s already made plans for this window ages ago. It’s next January you should all be getting excited about. He plans two windows ahead doesn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    I think we'll surprise a few in January and do something like 4 IN and 4 OUT by the deadline.

a few players are not flavour of the month so can see DM cutting a few deals to recoup some of their wages ie Tansey, Wilson, the Irish midfielders etc, maybe even Hoban or Reynolds.
    We apparently had bids turned down for strikers in the summer.
    You’d assume that cash is still available?
    Maybe even harder to convince clubs to sell mid-season than the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    We apparently had bids turned down for strikers in the summer.
    You’d assume that cash is still available?
    Maybe even harder to convince clubs to sell mid-season than the summer?
    Assuming the strikers we are after have had a decent first half of the season we'll be paying a premium in the January window. If they've been sitting on the bench or lying on the treatment table for the first half of the season we might get them at a decent price, but our track record with those types is more miss than hit. I would guess if we're spending any money it'll be on a striker as I'd expect the LB to be a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Assuming the strikers we are after have had a decent first half of the season we'll be paying a premium in the January window. If they've been sitting on the bench or lying on the treatment table for the first half of the season we might get them at a decent price, but our track record with those types is more miss than hit. I would guess if we're spending any money it'll be on a striker as I'd expect the LB to be a loan.
    Aye possibly, but I was just referring to the money being available generally, not just strikers.

Page 34 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast