+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet another abject loss down to Artell

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    I don’t think those 3 injuries are the reason we’re struggling.

Greens a big loss as he’s energetic and drives the tempo of the game for us but I don’t think Nolan or Pickering are a huge loss. Not that both of them haven’t been good.
    Agree.
    I just wonder if the best thread we have had all season will be ending tonight, or carrying on with even more vigour?

Steve Davis took a relegation-threatened team to the Div 2 Play-offs at Wembley, successfully, in his first year, and less than 12 months later we won the JPT at Wembley. By then there had been a dip in form/attitude from which we never recovered. He should have gone after two seasons.
    Dave Artell changed the style of play and we became a more interesting and exciting team to watch, but the results have been as bad, if not worse, than Davis’s lowest days.
    I am not of the ‘told you so’ faction (I have no ‘voice’: I told no-one). What I do believe is that we are being constantly backed into a financial corner. I also believe that the worst mistake we Made after Davis was rightly sacked was not to appoint Neil Baker, and possibly move Artell in as his assistant.
    The on-field problems clearly have less to do with the squad (they’re certainly good enough for this division) than the management, and this has been the case for several years.
    It’s trite, but I repeat my maxim: I will always support the manager of Crewe Alex until he is no longer the manager, and then I will support the manager of Crewe Alex. Some things I can’t change, so I don’t get stressed.

Ive been really disappointed with our creativity in the centre of the park. Our central 2 have looked pedestrian.

I like Jones and Wintle but one of them needs to take responsibility for driving the team forward.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Where can I see these figures please
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Crewe's last full accounts - expenditure 4.4m

Newport last full accounts, expenditure 2.6m

Pleased that we got the win last night as I really do notwant to see us in the bottom two at any time. However that in no way changes my opinion that DA should go now.

In the first half with KL on his own on the line we played some nice constructive football on the floor. Nice calm instructions from the line. Thought Hunt was excellent at CB and was our general forever talking and instructing the others where to go. The lead was fully deserved. Most of the half we were in control and the defence was solid.

Halftime and you are left wondering what team is going to appear for the second half. The team comes out and DA is on the line. Straight away our game has changed and it is back to the usual, sit back and let the opponents enjoy the open spaces. More of the usual negative tactics. As the half went on DA was increasingly shouting orders to the defence. You could see by the expressions on their faces that they were not pleased, and confused. Fortunately we managed to hang onn for the three points, no thanks to DA.

Another thing that has been happening for the last four or five home games. Why is Barber regularly approaching DA with his mobile at his ear and appearing to give the manager instructions? Rather strange in my opinion.

Before the game with the help of a friend we asked roughly 40 supporters would they keep the manager or let him go. 38 said he should go now. One said he would give him to Christmas, and the second was unsure. Personally I saw nothing to change my mind. Most supporters we talked to felt that KL would be the replacement Their comments about the Directors are best not repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by TK20 View Post

Crewe's last full accounts - expenditure 4.4m

Newport last full accounts, expenditure 2.6m
    Thank you for that. I do not confess to be an expert on accounts but have some understanding. How ever I cannot find Whre it says 4.4 million. Could you point out whereabouts it is. I am looking at the accounts for 2017. As an aside they do not make pleasant reading

Good job Artell signed Hunt. Once again last night he proved what an asset he has been since his arrival. Once again, lady luck deserted us with the loss of Perry NG. I feared the worst. I really thought that Swindon would tear us apart. Thankfully, the lads dug in and fought hard to grab an all important win. For me, Hunt was magnificent and his presence at the back was instrumental in keeping Richards quiet. Kirk also had a good game and the young full back from Liverpool did not disappoint. People moan about Bowery. My word he put a shift in last night. Very welcome three points those. I see the Vale (who Radio Stoke have been praising of late) came down with a fall against MK Dons. Now for Lincoln. Tough call that one, I am afraid. But you never know. Fingers crossed.

Sadly I couldn’t make the Swindon game but, as I often do, looked on their club website afterwards to get their manager’s opinion. Sadly, nothing from the Orange Man but their captain opined that ‘we know when we go to Crewe we have to stop them playing and disrupt them; unfortunately we fell into the trap of trying to play them at their own game and fell short’. Now that may not be what happened but it confirms what even the so-called better teams do when they play us!

Agree about Hunt too. In fact, to be fair to Artell, he has a better record in transfer dealings than his predecessor, both in terms of recruitment and retention. Ainley, Kirk and Jones all retained; Hunt, Bowery, Nicholls, Green, Nolan, Porter, even Raynes at times, have all looked worth the signing-on fees and certainly those that were loaned last season did the job. Now then Kenny, keep coaching them as we want!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Sadly I couldn’t make the Swindon game but, as I often do, looked on their club website afterwards to get their manager’s opinion. Sadly, nothing from the Orange Man but their captain opined that ‘we know when we go to Crewe we have to stop them playing and disrupt them; unfortunately we fell into the trap of trying to play them at their own game and fell short’. Now that may not be what happened but it confirms what even the so-called better teams do when they play us!

Agree about Hunt too. In fact, to be fair to Artell, he has a better record in transfer dealings than his predecessor, both in terms of recruitment and retention. Ainley, Kirk and Jones all retained; Hunt, Bowery, Nicholls, Green, Nolan, Porter, even Raynes at times, have all looked worth the signing-on fees and certainly those that were loaned last season did the job. Now then Kenny, keep coaching them as we want!
    I think the actual phrase was "bully them" What they said was ridiculous as what they mean is we tried to play them at football and that is why we lost !!!

I still hear complaints concerning both the manager and the players, but one important statistic seems to have been overlooked. At home in the league, we have only conceded one goal. I have seen all league home matches and I can say that the only poor performance in that time was against the Vale (and only in the second half). Admittedly, away from home, results have been dreadful and it is about time that Dave Artell and his players rectified that situation soon. I certainly don't think that the team have performed any worse than they did during the last three and a half seasons of the last manager's reign. The results also are no worse under Artell, as stated by an earlier poster. Of course there is room for improvement in all aspects and I sincerely hope that this is the case for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by alexmick; 04-10-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast