+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dying,Passing Away, Carking it, Kick the Bucket

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum, Westy.

I welled up reading about your experience of your Mum on your walk. I hope it brought you some comfort, and I'm sure your Mum will live on for a very long time, in both yours and your children's memories. I think it's so lovely that you could see her at that special place there, so happy and peaceful, and somewhere you can revisit forever.

I'm yet to experience the loss of a parent, so can only imagine the range of emotions you are experiencing right now.

We are always here if you ever want to talk.

You look after yourself, Westy.

Big hug.

Winnie x

Aww thank you Winnie for your lovely lovely message - really warms my heart

Bereavement is such a strange experience, there are times when you just feel yourself but then you know you have to acknowledge your grief and take quiet reflection to do so, that's when you realise how amazing the human condition is in our capacity to show emotion. I left religion behind a few years ago but have always seen myself as a spiritual person which plays to the experience I had on my recent walk.

Make sure you talk with your parents often Win, it's a terrible feeling when you no longer can.

Hug accepted X

Oh you are so welcome, Westy.

I do. Towards the end of last year, my Dad had a major health incident, and for a very short while, after receiving the news, I had to contemplate the prospect that I would never see him again. He's doing ok now, but it sure is a lesson in appreciating your parents while they still are here.

Thank you for accepting my hug. x

So sorry to here that Westy. Thoughts are with you mate.

Cheers Bong - hanging on in there pal.

Hi Westy.

I thought of you today (Sunday). I hope it wasn't too difficult a day for you, and that lots happy memories visited you.

Hi Winnie - I only just saw this after poking my head through the Tavern door, perhaps it was a subliminal message with the pubs opening up again this weekend. The day was fine thank you, I look back on all the good things she did for us, our memories are what makes us human

Oooh I just mentioned the pubs opening again at the weekend over in Chat. I like our cosy virtual one. Don't have to worry about distancing here and the company is the best

I'm so glad your day was okay and that you are able to look back and remember all the good things she did for you. Those kind of memories are so precious. They are indeed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)