+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Billy McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Maybe all the pictures of our former glory days scared him as well 😱
    clark has to be that guy. Sanfranko is a great player - poacher no/.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I dont get why everyone thinks Clark will be the one to be up there as one of the top scorers? Curran has scored 2 goals so far and i dont think either of them was from outside the 6 yard box. Dont see Clark as that type of player and Neilson doesnt seem to like Curran.

Main thing is, we need all strikers to start contributing with more goals because our defense will not be tight enough through the season against those who will be challenging for the play offs at the end.

I think its a highland thing,maybe there is no pressure up north but the number of players and manager's who are winners up there and flops in cities is incredible.John Hughes,Craig BrewsterTerry Butcher are prime example's but plenty of players never reached the heights either.

Mind you a manager who got sacked in the highland's which very rarely happens is now entrusted with the task of saving the Funsters minus his right hand man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I think Clark will get his chance with injuries etc but right now the first 11 is one we had on Saturday I’d guess.

Safranko has been immense. Him
    winning ball back has led to a lot of our recent goals.

Maybe mcmullan plsying centrally can chip in plenty goals too.

McKay will take chances (sometimes) but one of those players where if he is not scoring he is not doing anything

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think its a highland thing,maybe there is no pressure up north but the number of players and manager's who are winners up there and flops in cities is incredible.John Hughes,Craig BrewsterTerry Butcher are prime example's but plenty of players never reached the heights either.

It's exactly that for players at clubs like livi, accies, county and ict, comfort zone, wee centers, no expectations, nothing like at a club like Utd, many of them can't handle it but are happy in that environment, its the way option so they enjoy it

Takes character to perform at bigger clubs with pressure on and a decent sized fanbase that will make their feelings known

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's exactly that for players at clubs like livi, accies, county and ict, comfort zone, wee centers, no expectations, nothing like at a club like Utd, many of them can't handle it but are happy in that environment, its the way option so they enjoy it

Takes character to perform at bigger clubs with pressure on and a decent sized fanbase that will make their feelings known
    TBF to McKay, he joined at completely the wrong time with tbe Club falling apart and the onus and expectation firmly on him and him alone to get the goals to keep us up. It's little wonder it didnt pan out. Had he played in the team beside Ciftci, Armstrong and GMS he'd have scored a barrowload I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Aye, but he couldnae hit a barn door for us!
    His best goals to games ratio is for United

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    TBF to McKay, he joined at completely the wrong time with tbe Club falling apart and the onus and expectation firmly on him and him alone to get the goals to keep us up. It's little wonder it didnt pan out. Had he played in the team beside Ciftci, Armstrong and GMS he'd have scored a barrowload I'm pretty sure.

I'm not talking about mckay in particular, although he was pretty woeful for us for the most part, missing sitter after sitter and lots of one on one

Just a general view, those clubs are comfort zones for many players that can't hack it at places like DUFC, Aberdeen, hibs or hearts

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'm not talking about mckay in particular, although he was pretty woeful for us for the most part, missing sitter after sitter and lots of one on one

Just a general view, those clubs are comfort zones for many players that can't hack it at places like DUFC, Aberdeen, hibs or hearts
    Agree. With mckay it is three things 1. This is his level 2. There is no pressure 3. He has got some confidence.

Wont last

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)