+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tansey

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Fit a heap of pesh, canna believe SAF spouted that boll0x.

As metioned by Aldo. Ronaldo played over 40 games in his first season at Manure as an 18 year old plooky youth.
    Not quite. From his Wilkipedia page , Ronaldo made 40 appearances in his first season with Manyoo , 2003-04 , with 29 of them being league games. So even from that stat alone it's clear that he was left out in about a quarter of the league games.

But more than that , in about half of his league appearances he didn't play the full 90 minutes. In the games when he didn't start but came on as a sub he was typically brought on about midway through the second half , and often when he had been on from the start he was subbed round about the 70-80th minute

Seems to me that Fergie did use him quite sparingly that season

But , still what does he know , eh ?
    Last edited by redstarfk; 22-11-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Not quite. From his Wilkipedia page , Ronaldo made 40 appearances in his first season with Manyoo , 2003-04 , with 29 of them being league games. So even from that stat alone it's clear that he was left out in about a quarter of the league games.

But more than that , in about half of his league appearances he didn't play the full 90 minutes. In the games when he didn't start but came on as a sub he was typically brought on about midway through the second half , and often when he had been on from the start he was subbed round about the 70-80th minute

I mind that season, as punishment for taking one of Snecker’s mates to Amsterdam to watch Arsenal in the CL, he responded by taking me to the FA cup final to see MU/Millwall in Cardiff(interesting weekend!)anyway, thon plooky wee kid got MOTM, I argued the toss it should have been another kid(Fletcher) being a proud Scot and thinking I knew about fitba, however, both have had fantastic careers although the wee plooky kid has perhaps achieved more in medals/finance! Just goes to show JJ perhaps knows hee haw.....opinions and all that and SAF as has been proven time and again, knew a fair bit more than most.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post

More to do with his indifferent form in his first season. Not due to burn out. Still, he was involved in over 40 games and up to 52 the following seasons. Not including playing for Portugal.

Nowadays they can monitor fitness much better with all their fancy technology - so if he's struggling at any point they'll be able to see and give him a rest. However providing he's fit and on form, keep playing him. It's a no brainer in football surely - if someone's on form you keep playing them. That's the Bruce Anderson mystery - he came in, made an impact and should have been promoted above the likes of May and Cosgrove who were stinking the place out earlier in the season.

Tansey will no doubt get a chance though as we're bound to pick up injuries and suspensions in the midfield area before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    opinions and all that and SAF as has been proven time and again, knew a fair bit more than most.

SF
    Exactly

I mind that season, as punishment for taking one of Snecker’s mates to Amsterdam to watch Arsenal in the CL, he responded by taking me to the FA cup final to see MU/Millwall in Cardiff(interesting weekend!)anyway, thon plooky wee kid got MOTM, I argued the toss it should have been another kid(Fletcher) being a proud Scot and thinking I knew about fitba, however, both have had fantastic careers although the wee plooky kid has perhaps achieved more in medals/finance! Just goes to show JJ perhaps knows hee haw.....opinions and all that and SAF as has been proven time and again, knew a fair bit more than most.SF
    Mind you , I'm sure Fergie would be grateful to Aldo for explaining the real reasons for his team selections and substitutions 15 years ago

Let's not get carried away about alleged burn-out. The season has been going for 17 weeks and Lewis has played 13 games for Aberdeen and came on as a sub 3 times for Scotland (playing the equivalent of 1 game). An average of less than a game a week is a long way from burn-out rate I would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Let's not get carried away about alleged burn-out. The season has been going for 17 weeks and Lewis has played 13 games for Aberdeen and came on as a sub 3 times for Scotland (playing the equivalent of 1 game). An average of less than a game a week is a long way from burn-out rate I would suggest
    I don’t believe we were suggesting he was burnt out, just that we’d expect him to be rested at some point.
    As an example, I doubt he will start and play for all 90 minutes in all of our 9 games in December.

opinions and all that and SAF as has been proven time and again, knew a fair bit more than most.

SF
    Greatest manager is ever but lets not forget he f@cking loved a terrible signing. His eye for a player was questionable sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Greatest manager is ever but lets not forget he f@cking loved a terrible signing. His eye for a player was questionable sometimes
    Every manager has a bit of a hit and miss record in the transfer market I would suggest. A lot of folk on here seem to believe McInnes hasn't done too well in the transfer market overall during his time with Aberdeen... personally I'd say he's done as well, if not better, than most managers in Scotland in terms of sourcing players who have turned out well.

I can't be bothered going through all his signings to work out a percentage of them which have been good or bad, but I'd guess his strike rate will likely be less than 50% good (if you include loan signings too). I think if you did the same exercise with other managers in Scotland over the last 5 years, you'd likely find they had an even lower score. If someone has more time on their hands it might be an interesting exercise (and probably worthy of a separate thread). I can't think of many managers from Scotland who I immediately think "he has a real eye for a player" and who seems to get it right in the transfer market almost every time.

PS - link to Tansey is that he's proved to be a duff signing so far, despite the fact McInnes went after him twice!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast