So after 2 years, we now know how Hitler was elected and became more and more powerful. He too won a squeaky election and went on to consolidate power, with few daring or bothering to question him in those early days.
Of course, i'm not saying Trump is Hitler. But his actions are Hitleresque. Just repeat the same lies over and over. Instil fear, blame others especially foreigners, attack your opponents, dismiss the media as fake.
I'm a liberal conservative. I like some of the Republican party values but in these 2 years the party has been hijacked by Trump and all of them are prepared to turn a blind eye to his wrongs just so the agenda is passed.

Fortunately the US system has checks and balances and Trump can only 'reign' a maximum 8 years. But the shift in stance and divide will take far longer to undo if ever. I could go on but let's see how the results pan out tomorrow.
In all likelihood, it'll be a damp squid, more of the same with only perhaps the Dems regaining the House. But controlling 1 chamber is not really gonna change much and it could be even worse, if they lose sight and spend the next 2 years just attacking Trump thus allowing him, to shore up his base and point the gridlock as their creation.