+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Considine

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    According to the evening Derek says he will be here for as long as he wants. Got me to thinking does anyone think he could play until he’s almost 41 like paolo maldini ?

Maldini could easily replace Considine now and be much better.

He will be here well into his late 30s and won’t be far off the top of most appearances for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He will be here well into his late 30s and won’t be far off the top of most appearances for the club.
    Insert puke face smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I just checked how old he is... I was guessing he would be 33 or 34 by now. Turns out he's only 31, so yeah I reckon we could get another 10 good years out of him. The only concern is he might lose his pace at some point.
    ah you see, thats where your argument breaks down min...you'd need to get more than 1 good year out of him for that to happen, and given that hes only had 1 good year in quite a few of them, its unlikely your theory of 10 good years is likely to happen.

Utter lunacy! And I bet he plays tomorrow even though lowe has been great last 3 games. He should only be back up next season

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Utter lunacy! And I bet he plays tomorrow even though lowe has been great last 3 games. He should only be back up next season
    As much as i like Lowe over Considine, he has been caught out of position way too many times for my liking in the last few games. I definitely would play him ahead of Considine, but I dont think he is the answer either to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    As much as i like Lowe over Considine, he has been caught out of position way too many times for my liking in the last few games. I definitely would play him ahead of Considine, but I dont think he is the answer either to be honest.
    Lowe seems to be better going forward than he is defensively, and the fact he bombs forward more often does mean he finds himself out of position more. By the look of things he's been given license to do that by McInnes as in one of the games Wright ended up filling in at left back quite frequently while Lowe was nowhere to be seen.

Having said all that, I think he looks pretty good so far and I'd still have him in over Considine. Tonight will be a test against Boyle... he's got the pace to match him, but he maybe won't go forward quite as much as usual, as if he gives Boyle space to run, we'll get destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Lowe seems to be better going forward than he is defensively, and the fact he bombs forward more often does mean he finds himself out of position more. By the look of things he's been given license to do that by McInnes as in one of the games Wright ended up filling in at left back quite frequently while Lowe was nowhere to be seen.

Having said all that, I think he looks pretty good so far and I'd still have him in over Considine. Tonight will be a test against Boyle... he's got the pace to match him, but he maybe won't go forward quite as much as usual, as if he gives Boyle space to run, we'll get destroyed.
    Lowe has been asked to do the job.
    Against the Huns, Lowe and Logan were asked to man mark Kent and Candeias, with the midfielders dropping in when needed.
    Against Hamilton, it was the same with McGowan overlapping, the wide midfielder needed to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Against the Huns, Lowe and Logan were asked to man mark Kent and Candeias, with the midfielders dropping in when needed.
    Against Hamilton, it was the same with McGowan overlapping, the wide midfielder needed to cover.
    Surely Lowe deserves to start tonight, he seems pretty decent and I might just put a small punt on goal at any time.

Considine tries his best of no doubt, he is a weak link though.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Yes, I think that's it. Has worked okay so far, so hopefully it'll work tonight!

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast