+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Considine

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

nae sure about the 1mln and the driving pal, but 20k and i will happily donate the taxi fare

COYR ffs

In all honesty I am very very surprised he has reached 20 goals this season so I kind of refrain from being over critical. Wilson and May are certainly not getting near that tally (not that it is overly impressive).

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post

In all honesty I am very very surprised he has reached 20 goals this season so I kind of refrain from being over critical. Wilson and May are certainly not getting near that tally (not that it is overly impressive).
    Not many strikers in our league reach 20 goals a season.
    Even £9M Odsonne Edouard has not managed it yet and he gets far more opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Even £9M Odsonne Edouard has not managed it yet and he gets far more opportunities.
    Im sure RJ was just looking for someone to bite and you took the bait min

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It would certainly be interesting to see how many minutes each have been on the park this season and goals ratio. I am not that critical of Cosgrove due to him being the main goalscorer but I think our strikers should be scoring 20 easily if they want to be worth a place. He has scored a few penalties to boost his tally (someone needs to score them though) so that has certainly helped him a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It would certainly be interesting to see how many minutes each have been on the park this season and goals ratio. I am not that critical of Cosgrove due to him being the main goalscorer but I think our strikers should be scoring 20 easily if they want to be worth a place. He has scored a few penalties to boost his tally (someone needs to score them though) so that has certainly helped him a fair bit.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ip/top-scorers fill yer boots min

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Thanks pal.

Jermaine Defoe has the deadliest strike rate. Edouard has a better ratio than Cosgrove but I thought that anyway. Sam has done okay though.

"Andy Considine is also out of contract but will trigger a clause in his deal that keeps him at the club for next season while also discussing a new one."

Just read this. So even though he has no contract he will get a contract

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    "Andy Considine is also out of contract but will trigger a clause in his deal that keeps him at the club for next season while also discussing a new one."

That will entice supporters to purchase new season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

If I'm honest I've no problem with that as long as he is used primarily for cover and spends most of his time on the bench. Not bad cover really to fill in a couple games when our new left back gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    If I'm honest I've no problem with that as long as he is used primarily for cover and spends most of his time on the bench. Not bad cover really to fill in a couple games when our new left back gets injured.
    The problem is though that he'll most likely be a regular starter next season too as DM has a complete boner for the boy for some reason - he likes his "size" is one of the reasons I've seen.

Given the huge turnover of players we're facing this summer, DM is bound to see Considine as a quick and easy fix for either Centre Half or Left Back to give him one less position to have to worry about.

Depressingly, I'm fairly sure we are guaranteed another season of the big oaf lumbering up and down the left hand side.

The really worrying thing is the article refers to him discussing the length of the contract

He's entitled to a one year extension apparently, but that sentence tells me he wants longer, & I wouldn't put it past DM to give him longer.

I think I'll lose the will to live with AFC if he gets another 2-3 years - what a horrific thought

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast