+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Considine

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

I suspect Considine will make the squad but not start if others are available.
    He did well though so good on him
    I have been known as a critic of Considine but I will admit that he certainly doesn’t merit being dropped to the bench for the next match if he keeps performing decently at club level. I genuinely think he will start the next match as I reckon Clarke will be favourable to the players who have performed well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    As someone who grew up in Tarland, but was born in Aberdeen, I would have thought it extremely likely that our Andy was physically delivered in the toon.
    Wikipedia says Banchory was his place of birth, but on checking with the near-infallible AFC Heritage profile of Our Man, it suggests that he is the Torphins Tassotti rather than the Glassel Gentile or Banchory Benetti.

http://www.afcheritage.org/Team/Curr...Season=2007-08

I played in the band at the Commercial Hotel Tarland’s Xmas party about five years ago. Riotous drunken behaviour, and the audience was the same. I am well-acquainted with the environs as Bouties, Tillypronie, Logie Coldstone and Migvie were on my (non-maternity) delivery round.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Wikipedia says Banchory was his place of birth, but on checking with the near-infallible AFC Heritage profile of Our Man, it suggests that he is the Torphins Tassotti rather than the Glassel Gentile or Banchory Benetti.

http://www.afcheritage.org/Team/Curr...Season=2007-08

I played in the band at the Commercial Hotel Tarland’s Xmas party about five years ago. Riotous drunken behaviour, and the audience was the same. I am well-acquainted with the environs as Bouties, Tillypronie, Logie Coldstone and Migvie were on my (non-maternity) delivery round.
    Was there a birthing pool in the corner

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Was there a birthing pool in the corner
    I think there was some sort of conception accommodation nearby the way the young and hormonal seemed to be preparing for at-itness.

Was Torphins still open for births then?

My youngest was moved to Torphins after a couple of days but I don't remember any possibility of actually being born there.

Couldn't get the wife to come home, somehow the thought of taking her new daughter home to meet her 2 brothers (1&2 years old) didn't appeal to her straight away.

Oldest boy was best mates with Consi and they went through school together.

As someone who grew up in Tarland, but was born in Aberdeen, I would have thought it extremely likely that our Andy was physically delivered in the toon.
    Hey DJ, your reference to Tarland caught my eye...I met some great lads from there when in Australia 89/90, in fact a few of us travelled together for a bit. Graham Pirie (sadly no longer with us), Gordie Ross, Bizzer (cannae mind his right name), and said Bizzer's bro who I crashed with up in Darwin for a month or more... Ring any bells? I've lost touch with them all. Happy Days they were!

Wow. That's some names to conjure with. Unfortunately the death rate in Tarland has always seemed pretty high for young males. Nothing much to do = racing cars, etc.

Gordon Ross's dad co-owned the Melgum Road Garage with his brother Neil, the dad of one my best friends at primary school. It's a small place and pretty much everyone knows everyone (and their business).

One of my nephews is a pupil of Logie Coldstone primary. I'm constantly feeding him a supply of AFC tops and merchandise to keep him on the right track!

Wow. That's some names to conjure with. Unfortunately the death rate in Tarland has always seemed pretty high for young males. Nothing much to do = racing cars, etc.

Gordon Ross's dad co-owned the Melgum Road Garage with his brother Neil, the dad of one my best friends at primary school. It's a small place and pretty much everyone knows everyone (and their business).

One of my nephews is a pupil of Logie Coldstone primary. I'm constantly feeding him a supply of AFC tops and merchandise to keep him on the right track!
    Four of us traveled from Brisbane to Darwin in Gordon's car January 90. That was quite a trip. Just before that I met his wife to be.....last I heard (late 90s I expect) they were back living in the NE....The Dons you will recall had a great team that year 89/90 and I was quite gutted I was missing all those fabulous away days. Down under in those pre-internet days the only way to catch up was a publication called British Soccer Week, out on a Monday or Tuesday. Such a lifeline that was! I also clearly remember a phone call home to find out result of 90 SCF.

Re. Tarland's racer rep, yep, I gathered that. I hooked up quite a lot with Graham Pirie, Cuffy to all, when we were both living in Aberdeen early 90s. We shared the same birthday and hit it off spectacularly right from the start. He took me out to the Tarland show one year! Such a sad ending to that friendship.

Goes equal 5th with Jim Leighton in the AFC all time appearances list on his next game.

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Goes equal 5th with Jim Leighton in the AFC all time appearances list on his next game.
    Just proves that hard work is more important than talent in the game now.

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast