+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reversion to type - Highland Huns

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Sleeveless chunts.

In their Highland League days, the waankers used to wear hun shirts, display the union flag, and sing hun songs. Even their limited intellect allowed them to jalouse that both “Ran-gers” and “Ca-ley” were dual syllable words, interchangeable in the doggerel of Follow Follow.

They gave Keith a 4-1 hiding at Kynoch Park the day that we won 2-0 at Stink Central in 1991-92. Their ire at that result was far more obvious than any joy taken in their onfield victory (with ten men, their ‘keeper sent off and returning hun Billy Urqugart going in goal.

I saw them wreck an Elgin pub BEFORE the 1988 League Cup final (3-2 to Keith in the replay ye hun cuunts), and know of them terrorising two young female assistants in a cafe in Keith before trashing it.

ICT is now one of these annoying ‘family clubs’ where people with no knowkedge of fitba turn up to wave brand-new scarves and nurse club-coliured teddy bears. Its creation, driven by the capitalists of Inverness and Nern Enterprise also served to put Inverness Thistle, a Proper Mannies’ Highland League club, and a focus for the Kingsmills/Crown/Culcabock communities, out of business. Many Thistle fans, including my late brother-in-law just stopped attending fitba at that point.

Huns, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Kicking leaves and whistling the next morning Sneckers??
    RD and I are taking the choo choo the morn, hooking up with some chaps in The Pitt, post match.

Boxing Day, we will head to Ferryhill pre match......looking forward to it.

If you let Sneckers snr know I’m going with my dad to Gartnavel on Friday, hopefully like us get decent results......Livi the soulless place the next day and then back to the riviera for a detox!!

SF
    Best of luck for Friday Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Dumbarton recently played ICT in a final & brought around three times as many fans as they did. Elgin City? Other than adding a new venue to get pished, they’ve brought nothing. They’ve not strengthened the league & they’ve weakened the Highland League. You could say the same for Ross County. There’s junior clubs bigger than them.

We don’t get involved in shinty down here, they shouldnt get involved in football up there
    OK, I'll bite......
    Perth is roughly half the distance from Dumbarton than Inverness.
    Also Dumbarton's first cup final........ever?...... certainly in a hoor o' a time, ICT have in the past few years been to League and Scottish cup finals......as have County.
    Apathy mebbes?

County have a good infrastructure, though the Academy at their ground is not attached directly to them, and kids from Inverness, Ross-shire and the Highlands generally now have a pathway into league fitba.

Elgin has been a poorly run club for a time but there's potential there ( in terms of catchment etc.) for them to be relevant at a decent level. Peterhead I know squat about so canna comment.

In short, these clubs and the Highland locality bring substantially more to Scottish fitba than a great deal of the central belt detritus that have hung about like a bad smell for a long, long time.

And I know there's plenty of big clubs in the Central Belt/Ayrshire Juniors but I doubt any of them are "bigger" than County or Inverness.

But, again, not that au fair with Auchinleck, Cumnock, Pollock etc. to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    In their Highland League days, the waankers used to wear hun shirts, display the union flag, and sing hun songs. Even their limited intellect allowed them to jalouse that both “Ran-gers” and “Ca-ley” were dual syllable words, interchangeable in the doggerel of Follow Follow.

They gave Keith a 4-1 hiding at Kynoch Park the day that we won 2-0 at Stink Central in 1991-92. Their ire at that result was far more obvious than any joy taken in their onfield victory (with ten men, their ‘keeper sent off and returning hun Billy Urqugart going in goal.

I saw them wreck an Elgin pub BEFORE the 1988 League Cup final (3-2 to Keith in the replay ye hun cuunts), and know of them terrorising two young female assistants in a cafe in Keith before trashing it.

ICT is now one of these annoying ‘family clubs’ where people with no knowkedge of fitba turn up to wave brand-new scarves and nurse club-coliured teddy bears. Its creation, driven by the capitalists of Inverness and Nern Enterprise also served to put Inverness Thistle, a Proper Mannies’ Highland League club, and a focus for the Kingsmills/Crown/Culcabock communities, out of business. Many Thistle fans, including my late brother-in-law just stopped attending fitba at that point.

Huns, no question.
    Aye, there's nae doubt the merger was a clusterfooock which ended up alienating a number of Caley and Jags fans, but I doubt either of them had the wherewithal to mount a charge on their own.

And I agree about the "family club" bill hooks, that rips my knitting, but it's hard to see how any new entity could've been "marketed" any different.

"Come along and get bevvied and get in rucks with guys from Stenhousemuir and Arbroath" would've been frowned upon I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Best of luck for Friday Chief.
    Cheers bud, I’ll pass on your dad’s and Murph’s regards accordingly.

Tomorrow is looking like fun, Marine/Beastie........beat those c unts(money already on) The Pitt and then home.........@ some point !!

SF

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Peterhead I know squat about so canna comment.

League two champions once (I reckon it will be twice come May)

Since being accepted into the league they have had

Highest they have ever finished was when they got to the playoffs for the first division/championship v Partick and then again v Airdrie United in 08 maybe. which they lost/chucked(delete as applicable). I was there and Airdrie mauled them

Reached the Challenge cup final only to be beaten by the phoenix c@nts

A lot better than Elgin who have been in the bottom tier for their whole league stint

I’m not sure you can blame apathy or travel for ICTs poor showing in that final. It might be twice the the distance but it’s half the hassle. Also, DFC have competed in seven major finals, way more than ICT. Every 148 year old Sons fan at the match, were complaining of final fatigue but they all still went.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The Scottish League was weakened when they let the teuchter teams in. They bring absolutely nothing
    You're surely on the wind up here. And you accuse JJ of spamming this message board!

I think Mason's being unkind to those teams.
    Mind you, how many who are upset at his claim agree when others routinely post that Accies are a waste of space that brings nothing to the league and they hope they get relegated?
    We can thank them for two of their players at the very least.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123