+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xmas Horror Show

That today was a ****ing disgrace. Alloa didn't even play well they were way better in the 1-1 earlier in the season.

He has got to bin several of today's starting xi now. And get a new ****ing keeper in. Or give me the gloves!

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    That today was a ****ing disgrace. Alloa didn't even play well they were way better in the 1-1 earlier in the season.

He has got to bin several of today's starting xi now. And get a new ****ing keeper in. Or give me the gloves!
    Agree that keeper has to be a priority. Having a mediocre keeper is a killer

I think the best we can hope for this season is the play offs - the squad of players we have are not good enough to win the league.

I also don't think we will win the play offs - the warning signs have been there since the start of the season.

The January transfer window will maybe help, but it takes time for new players to gel into the squad - but if the right players are brought it might give us a fighting chance in the play offs.

I expect 3 derby matches next year with United playing both Arbroath and Dundee.

The gap at the top of the league is not too big - but the problem is United are not winning their games to cut the gap and that is the problem - we seem unable to win games to give us a chance of a title race.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    I think the best we can hope for this season is the play offs - the squad of players we have are not good enough to win the league.

I also don't think we will win the play offs - the warning signs have been there since the start of the season.

The January transfer window will maybe help, but it takes time for new players to gel into the squad - but if the right players are brought it might give us a fighting chance in the play offs.

I expect 3 derby matches next year with United playing both Arbroath and Dundee.

The gap at the top of the league is not too big - but the problem is United are not winning their games to cut the gap and that is the problem - we seem unable to win games to give us a chance of a title race.
    In last 5 matches we’ve had 5 points from a possible 15.

Only Ayr at home and ICT away from those I would say were matches we were not expected to win.

That said it shows the points are still up for grabs.

Ross Co will still drop points and we still have matches against them which can close the gap.

The problem at the moment is as stated - we aren’t winning the matches we need to to win the title.

If we do invest heavily though in Jan then would not take a great deal to win this very average Championship. There are no Hibs, Hearts, Sevco who are bigger than us or impossible to catch

We don’t seem to be winning many matches with late goals and we seem to be losing points that way. Could be an issue with the mentality of some of the players or it could be that we lack a penalty box striker at the moment to make the late chances count

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    If we do invest heavily though in Jan then would not take a great deal to win this very average Championship. There are no Hibs, Hearts, Sevco who are bigger than us or impossible to catch

We don’t seem to be winning many matches with late goals and we seem to be losing points that way. Could be an issue with the mentality of some of the players or it could be that we lack a penalty box striker at the moment to make the late chances count
    I dont think we do need to invest too much in the team. As long as players brought in have the right attitude, then that will see us through.

And you are right because we have not played in a way where we have used a penalty box striker. The first reason for this is players brought in during the summer were recruited to play a certain way. The other is we have yet to appoint a striker coach.

If Aird's header had been a yard to the right -
    - we would have won 2-1
    - we would be getting praised for digging out a victory v a resolute Alloa
    - Laurie Neilson's post-match interview would not have been a rant
    - we would not have been needing 4/5/6 new players, just 2/3/4
    Fine margins eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    If Aird's header had been a yard to the right -
    - we would have won 2-1
    - we would be getting praised for digging out a victory v a resolute Alloa
    - Laurie Neilson's post-match interview would not have been a rant
    - we would not have been needing 4/5/6 new players, just 2/3/4
    Fine margins eh?
    Fine margins eh?
    - 14 shots and 1 goal v 5 shots and 2 goals!
    - Alloa would have equalized.
    - Robbies post match interview was far from a rant and was very measured.
    - I think Robbie has known since before he came in what was required.

RN spoke the truth eventually but he had to, he couldnt do a Mixu and slate the whole squad after the second game in charge.

Just hope the ones he wants rid of are the same ones we have all identified.

Having just read the Courier today, he seems mightily pi**ed off about Sat and it looks like 'major surgery' is on the way, as he said 'most wont be here.' I know most of us do not like Harkins, but he has just signed for Partick on an 18 month deal and in my opinion, despite his 'pie habit,' he is easily one of the best midfielders in the division. Therefore we need to mark him out the game on Sat, he has the ability to punish us, especially if we cant beat a supposedly inferior Alloa. Partick despite their lowly position will start 'firing' soon.

It's true tho Chic, we should have won that game, we were the better team, backed up statistically too (tho that can be a lot of Sky Sports-induced sh!te). If Aird's header had gone in there would currently be a much better feeling in the aftermath of the game, the posts on here & elsewhere would be much more positive and we wouldn't be hunting around for the half a dozen saviours. Not holding my breath on that front btw.

A concern to me tho is our current malaise of being incapable of 'putting teams away' - when did we last cuff someone? Even Falkirk a week ago, 2-1 going on 4-0, Alloa at home in November, 4-2 instead of a handsome, comfortable victory, Morton away in December, 1-1 instead of a nice wee 2-0 maybe.

I wonder why there's this inability to boss the opposition. It's like our higher status has been/is being sucked out of us and sadly there's not much evidence of us regaining it at the moment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)