+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The DERRY

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I hope all Dees have a good new year, especially the team

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    It needs a call sign.
    Operation, respect the stadium respected.

Have been annoyed with the two queue system. Both times went to Bobby Cox and never even thought of going to the Derry
    We've been around this topic many times and I'm convinced that the measures put in place in the Derry were the only ones that would allow the Derry to operate.

it might be time to try to get a cash gate for the Derry. Attendances are down and perhaps a logical case for PATG could be made. DFCSS have their agm on Sat 17th January. Might an official request from them and the DSA put in to John Nelms be enough to get a rethink of the sale of PATG tickets for the Derry?

Nelms will listen to no one, plus DFCSS probably back the two Q system

I'd imagine, and hope, that DFCSS would back the implementation of the licensing restrictions imposed upon the club in order to ensure that The Derry could remain open. One of those restrictions being the requirement to allow turnstile entry by valid ticket only.

I'd imagine, and hope, that DFCSS would back the implementation of the licensing restrictions imposed upon the club in order to ensure that The Derry could remain open. One of those restrictions being the requirement to allow turnstile entry by valid ticket only.
    Hi Deeranged

I know this is a problem that has been discussed many times and I just wonder how it is possible to have PATG turnstile for the Main stand and not one for the SE. I've been caught up in the double queuing system and it can add quite a bit of time to getting in to the ground. It's off putting when the queue is right across the top of the open space at the entrance to the Bobby Cox and it's a disincentive when the club makes great efforts to promote PATG attendances. You get people who are collecting tickets that they bought online mixed in with those who are PATG fans. This might not have been such an issue when the club was desperately trying to keep the SE from being closed by the authorities and the club was looking for increased ST numbers. That increase in numbers hasn't happened and it looks to me as though the best thing to do is to try to revive PATG. It's likely that we are going to pick up our game after after the January window and I'd like to see some attempt made to revive the SE attendances. to me that looks like adding a PATG turnstile for the SE and leave the club shop for the bobby cox and all those who bought on line. surerly it would be possible to organise the available tickets for the SE to be made available at one SE turnstile. Every person would have a ticket and a seat and comply with the licence.

I suppose the point is if the club can make it work for the Main stand why can't the same system apply for the SE? It is a pain double queuing, and it might be possible to discuss things with the authorities to make this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Nelms will listen to no one, plus DFCSS probably back the two Q system
    jdfc, why do you think Billy Dodds was not appointed assistant manager? I would have thought the obvious answer was because
    JN does listen. As far as DFCSS backing the two Q system, I don't know the answer, but one would hope that all supporters would want to encourage as many fans to turn up to games and to make the experience an enjoyable one, difficult enough with the state of the team at present!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Hi Deeranged

I know this is a problem that has been discussed many times and I just wonder how it is possible to have PATG turnstile for the Main stand and not one for the SE. I've been caught up in the double queuing system and it can add quite a bit of time to getting in to the ground. It's off putting when the queue is right across the top of the open space at the entrance to the Bobby Cox and it's a disincentive when the club makes great efforts to promote PATG attendances. You get people who are collecting tickets that they bought online mixed in with those who are PATG fans. This might not have been such an issue when the club was desperately trying to keep the SE from being closed by the authorities and the club was looking for increased ST numbers. That increase in numbers hasn't happened and it looks to me as though the best thing to do is to try to revive PATG. It's likely that we are going to pick up our game after after the January window and I'd like to see some attempt made to revive the SE attendances. to me that looks like adding a PATG turnstile for the SE and leave the club shop for the bobby cox and all those who bought on line. surerly it would be possible to organise the available tickets for the SE to be made available at one SE turnstile. Every person would have a ticket and a seat and comply with the licence.

I suppose the point is if the club can make it work for the Main stand why can't the same system apply for the SE? It is a pain double queuing, and it might be possible to discuss things with the authorities to make this point.
    Obviously I don't have the answers BC, I only know what I've seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears, unfortunately I've banged my head against enough walls but there are some posters on here that simply won't believe me. I've no reason to disbelieve anything I've seen or heard and from what I know I would highly doubt the police and licensing authority would ever sanction the return of a cash turnstile at the SE.

I queued for a ticket at the club shop for an additional juvenile I was taking along to the recent St. Johnstone debacle and have to say that some of what you're saying is not correct.

Firstly there was one clearly marked separate desk with its own queue for pre paid ticket collection and there were two for on the day 'PATG' purchases. I joined the PATG queue outside the shop and made a point of timing myself from joining it to leaving the shop, it was just over 2 minutes. Is 2 minutes really that much? I was certainly pleasantly surprised at how quick and efficient it was after reading how much people are complaining about it and how it's reducing our attendances. People going to the pre paid collection point basically went in, picked up tickets and left without any kind of queue. I'd expect that when that desk is free they would sell to the PATG queue from there too.

Secondly the restriction on the SE isn't that you have to have a ticket for a designated seat but that the ticket has to be bought in advance of the game and presented at the turnstile to gain admission. The only places the club can currently facilitate this are online and the club shop. The idea of handing cash over at the turnstile is a non starter whether being issued a ticket for a designated seat or not.

I personally don't know why the club can't provide a printable ticket by email or download that can be presented at the turnstile when you buy online. Surely this would address part of the issue at the SE, at least for those that can buy in advance online? Having said that some people would find fault with that system somehow or other. Another alternative is to construct a second office at the gates at the bottom of the old stairway. Wouldn't need much - a secure entry, laptop, ticket printer and couple of volunteers to man it. Probably wouldn't take too much to convert some of the old turnstiles for this purpose. Make it the only place you can get SE PATG tickets but obviously would still require the dreaded second queue and therefore some would still whinge.
    Last edited by Deeranged; 03-01-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Obviously I don't have the answers BC, I only know what I've seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears, unfortunately I've banged my head against enough walls but there are some posters on here that simply won't believe me. I've no reason to disbelieve anything I've seen or heard and from what I know I would highly doubt the police and licensing authority would ever sanction the return of a cash turnstile at the SE.

I queued for a ticket at the club shop for an additional juvenile I was taking along to the recent St. Johnstone debacle and have to say that some of what you're saying is not correct.

Firstly there was one clearly marked separate desk with its own queue for pre paid ticket collection and there were two for on the day 'PATG' purchases. I joined the PATG queue outside the shop and made a point of timing myself from joining it to leaving the shop, it was just over 2 minutes. Is 2 minutes really that much? I was certainly pleasantly surprised at how quick and efficient it was after reading how much people are complaining about it and how it's reducing our attendances. People going to the pre paid collection point basically went in, picked up tickets and left without any kind of queue. I'd expect that when that desk is free they would sell to the PATG queue from there too.

Secondly the restriction on the SE isn't that you have to have a ticket for a designated seat but that the ticket has to be bought in advance of the game and presented at the turnstile to gain admission. The only places the club can currently facilitate this are online and the club shop. The idea of handing cash over at the turnstile is a non starter whether being issued a ticket for a designated seat or not.

I personally don't know why the club can't provide a printable ticket by email or download that can be presented at the turnstile when you buy online. Surely this would address part of the issue at the SE, at least for those that can buy in advance online? Having said that some people would find fault with that system somehow or other. Another alternative is to construct a second office at the gates at the bottom of the old stairway. Wouldn't need much - a secure entry, laptop, ticket printer and couple of volunteers to man it. Probably wouldn't take too much to convert some of the old turnstiles for this purpose. Make it the only place you can get SE PATG tickets but obviously would still require the dreaded second queue and therefore some would still whinge.
    Thanks for the reply. Obviously if my experience had been the same as yours i would not have bothered to post about it but I joined the queue almost at the junction where Sandeman Street meets the Provie road and it took 20 minutes to get served. There must have been a much bigger PATG attendance. I also thought that you could PATG for the Main Stand. I have been going to the bobby cox for more recent games but I am sure that i have handed cash over for entry into the Main Stand - perhaps this facility has been stopped?

I know that the rules have been tightened up but there might be merit in trying to see if a PATG turnstile could be added for the SE. If you don't ask you will not be able to make such a change and what harm would it do to at least try? We are not going to provoke a closure response from the authorities surely if we merely ask for a PATG turnstile for the SE and we ensure that the number of tickets that can be sold will be limited to our safely certificate. If the concern is that this will create a significant increase in the numbers using the SE then for me it seems like we should be trying to do something to try to restore these fans to the SE.

I'm with you in the futility of having a kiosk type ticket selling stall and then making the purchaser join a second queue.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Obviously if my experience had been the same as yours i would not have bothered to post about it but I joined the queue almost at the junction where Sandeman Street meets the Provie road and it took 20 minutes to get served. There must have been a much bigger PATG attendance. I also thought that you could PATG for the Main Stand. I have been going to the bobby cox for more recent games but I am sure that i have handed cash over for entry into the Main Stand - perhaps this facility has been stopped?

I know that the rules have been tightened up but there might be merit in trying to see if a PATG turnstile could be added for the SE. If you don't ask you will not be able to make such a change and what harm would it do to at least try? We are not going to provoke a closure response from the authorities surely if we merely ask for a PATG turnstile for the SE and we ensure that the number of tickets that can be sold will be limited to our safely certificate. If the concern is that this will create a significant increase in the numbers using the SE then for me it seems like we should be trying to do something to try to restore these fans to the SE.

I'm with you in the futility of having a kiosk type ticket selling stall and then making the purchaser join a second queue.
    Pretty sure you can still PATG for Main Stand. But then that stand doesn't have the licensing restrictions that the SE has.

Maybe the club could try asking abut a relaxation at the SE but without doubt there would be further conditions imposed and improvements demanded which the club wouldn't want to spend money on as long as the possibility of moving to a new stadium is still there.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)