+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Director

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Dundee United's Tony Asghar on trying to create a legacy at Tannadice

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...y-at-tannadice
    sh!t show more like lol

Fans itching to get back and shout on the team and support them through a tough season.
    At this stage quality youngters coming through to play in a team who stayed up largely by 3 players.
    All have arguably lost value but also in Shanks case, he lost his place in Scotland squad. How can that attract quality players to come.
    Rearing our own is fantastic but they are not all going to hit the ground running and certainly shouldnt be solely relied on to both entertain the fans and keep us safe in premier.. Is it only the likes of Charlie that are happy to come and babysit, is this putting off quality from signing for fear of covering positiins to allow the youngsters to express themselves (Was going to say put in shop window but maybe a bit harsh)
    The lack of recruitment is putting us in a position to be unlucky, yes we will get behind them all on the pitch but the atmosphere in the ground will turn if results are poor. Although this will be directed towards the back of house team off the pitch, its the team on it that will suffer and that will have a negative effect.
    In this instance fans being allowed back in may put further pressure on club.
    Can a rookie coach and youngsters handle that?
    Is it a case that any quality player being approached, will do their research and say I'll pass on joining that club at the moment thanks.
    Who knows, personally I hope its a great season and atmosphere is fabulous which in theory should inspire the players, but it does have a feel of fingers crossed and a potential for a bad vibe.

I'm not being negative but I am concerned that my time, investment and passion are being taken for granted by those running the club.
    it's time for them to give back and keep the tangerine army in good spirits

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Fans itching to get back and shout on the team and support them through a tough season.
    At this stage quality youngters coming through to play in a team who stayed up largely by 3 players.
    All have arguably lost value but also in Shanks case, he lost his place in Scotland squad. How can that attract quality players to come.
    Rearing our own is fantastic but they are not all going to hit the ground running and certainly shouldnt be solely relied on to both entertain the fans and keep us safe in premier.. Is it only the likes of Charlie that are happy to come and babysit, is this putting off quality from signing for fear of covering positiins to allow the youngsters to express themselves (Was going to say put in shop window but maybe a bit harsh)
    The lack of recruitment is putting us in a position to be unlucky, yes we will get behind them all on the pitch but the atmosphere in the ground will turn if results are poor. Although this will be directed towards the back of house team off the pitch, its the team on it that will suffer and that will have a negative effect.
    Is it a case that any quality player being approached, will do their research and say I'll pass on joining that club at the moment thanks.
    Who knows, personally I hope its a great season and atmosphere is fabulous which in theory should inspire the players, but it does have a feel of fingers crossed and a potential for a bad vibe.

I'm not being negative but I am concerned that my time, investment and passion are being taken for granted by those running the club.
    what a superb post and a really good read AJ. Read it twice and much better than any sh!t in the papers. Be great to hear more from the board members like this rational no over the top emotion.

The points about loss of value is very true and how we attract talent. The lack of recruitment is putting us in a position to be unlucky - thats the best quote ive heard to state mine, yours and many fans concerns.

You should do a weekly update on here mate - im not joking - best post of the year!!!

great post AJ

Very good post, and probably sums up the thoughts of the majority of fans…..

Good post and touches on all concerns raised recently, however, the last bit ‘time for them to give back’, d’ya not think MO has given a lot already since his arrival? bought the club, not so insignificant loss of around £2m in his first year, nearly £3m loss last year, how much more could there be to give? I’m not in the least surprised they are looking to get some money in.
    Last edited by ahlltanyirhide; 29-07-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Good post and touches on all concerns raised recently, however, the last bit ‘time for them to give back’, d’ya not think MO has given a lot already since his arrival? bought the club, not so insignificant loss of around £2m in his first year, nearly £3m loss last year, how much more could there be to give? I’m not in the least surprised they are looking to get some money in.
    Giving back doesn't mean just money, he could communicate more regularly with the fans, he could tell Tony to communicate in a transparent way with the fans, it's not like they don't have enough iPads

If we're in the s hit, tell us, we'll rally behind the team if they're getting gubbed, but don't tell us we're on track to compete for top 6 and trophies if in reality we're on oor arse

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    what a superb post and a really good read AJ. Read it twice and much better than any sh!t in the papers. Be great to hear more from the board members like this rational no over the top emotion.

The points about loss of value is very true and how we attract talent. The lack of recruitment is putting us in a position to be unlucky - thats the best quote ive heard to state mine, yours and many fans concerns.

You should do a weekly update on here mate - im not joking - best post of the year!!!
    Thanks Shagger, but weekly updates could be a big ask for someone who is a drunk and suffers with depression a lot +cough+

Benji ............... earned us more points than any other player last season. Can we keep him? Can he do it again? I doubt it on both points.
    #HOPEFULLYWRANG

(aimed at sporting director of course)
    Last edited by Yeats 62; 29-07-2021 at 06:19 PM. Reason: thread hopping

Giving back doesn't mean just money, he could communicate more regularly with the fans, he could tell Tony to communicate in a transparent way with the fans, it's not like they don't have enough iPads

If we're in the s hit, tell us, we'll rally behind the team if they're getting gubbed, but don't tell us we're on track to compete for top 6 and trophies if in reality we're on oor arse
    Maybe he will once the season starts, as for TA I hope he tries again and again to open up lines of communication, however, there are people heading up various groups that refuse to attend arranged meetings, not sure what more he can do with this, hope this changes as We Are Some Club when everyone aiming for the top together.

I for one don’t think we are in the sh*t, I think the coffers have taken a right dunt, but hopefully this season will see them recover though it might take a season or three to achieve this. And why shouldn’t we be on track for top 6 when we weren’t that far away last season, so it’s fair to surmise or even plan to achieve it this season. As I said on a previous thread, top six and with a wee bit luck a good cup run should be what we want this time out, Europe and a trophy the season after 😉

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)