+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Director

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Maybe he will once the season starts, as for TA I hope he tries again and again to open up lines of communication, however, there are people heading up various groups that refuse to attend arranged meetings, not sure what more he can do with this, hope this changes as We Are Some Club when everyone aiming for the top together.

I for one don’t think we are in the sh*t, I think the coffers have taken a right dunt, but hopefully this season will see them recover though it might take a season or three to achieve this. And why shouldn’t we be on track for top 6 when we weren’t that far away last season, so it’s fair to surmise or even plan to achieve it this season. As I said on a previous thread, top six and with a wee bit luck a good cup run should be what we want this time out, Europe and a trophy the season after 😉
    I'm reading every positive post to keep my spirits up but all I see is a flickering neon sign with the word deluded on it

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I'm reading every positive post to keep my spirits up but all I see is a flickering neon sign with the word deluded on it
    Ach well, the first bit happened, every cloud and all that 😁

Roll on next week when we all get the opportunity to see our beloved team crush the all conquering sons of william and Tam becomes a hero 🖤🧡🖤🧡

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Ach well, the first bit happened, every cloud and all that ��

Roll on next week when we all get the opportunity to see our beloved team crush the all conquering sons of william and Tam becomes a hero ��������
    A team i love was on the slide,
    backed to phuck by altanyirhide,
    we met in the highlands and had a ball,
    and unlike Noah we were in Dingwall.

FACT

My understanding was that TA being a football agent had an excellent series of connections globally.

I am trying to remember whom he brought in and have probably missed a few but:

The good:
    Jeando Fuchs - probably our best midfielder
    Ryan Edwards - solid centre half and a threat at set pieces
    Lawrence Shankland - great signing
    Liam Smith - solid and consistent right back

The average
    Adrian Sporle - can be hit or miss
    Mark Connolly - tries really hard but prone to a huge mistake that usually leads to a goal
    Mark Reynolds - had some ok games but can be slow and lethargic
    Luke Bolton - was on a loan and started okay but fell out of favour very quickly after a few poor / avg performances
    mark McNulty - felt for him as seemed to be played out of position a lot though seemed to come on t a game towards the end of his loan spell

The not v good:
    Peter Pawlett - I struggle to remember him having a good game and not being injured. Was surprised we gave him a new deal.
    Osman Sow - a trier but was injured a lot and struggled
    Dillon Powers - the master of the negative pass though he did score a screamer
    Adam King - can only remember a few sub appearances for him but cant remember him doing anything

Quote Originally Posted by angusarab View Post
    My understanding was that TA being a football agent had an excellent series of connections globally.

I am trying to remember whom he brought in and have probably missed a few but:

The good:
    Jeando Fuchs - probably our best midfielder
    Ryan Edwards - solid centre half and a threat at set pieces
    Lawrence Shankland - great signing
    Liam Smith - solid and consistent right back

The average
    Adrian Sporle - can be hit or miss
    Mark Connolly - tries really hard but prone to a huge mistake that usually leads to a goal
    Mark Reynolds - had some ok games but can be slow and lethargic
    Luke Bolton - was on a loan and started okay but fell out of favour very quickly after a few poor / avg performances
    mark McNulty - felt for him as seemed to be played out of position a lot though seemed to come on t a game towards the end of his loan spell

The not v good:
    Peter Pawlett - I struggle to remember him having a good game and not being injured. Was surprised we gave him a new deal.
    Osman Sow - a trier but was injured a lot and struggled
    Dillon Powers - the master of the negative pass though he did score a screamer
    Adam King - can only remember a few sub appearances for him but cant remember him doing anything
    He was that anonymous that i thought King was signed before this era! Think Aiden Nesbitt was also part of the initial recovery plan and where is Harkes?

I think a very good section can be added that contains Edwards and Fuchs

The good contains Shankland, but through no fault of his and i would put Reynolds in there as well. McNulty just scrapes it in here as its wasnt his fault to be played out of position.

Average, im more inclined to put L Smith in there the more time goes by, and i would have put Sporle up to good if he played more.

I consider so many as not very good though, and Harkes, Connolly, Pawlett, Bolton and Powers(as much as i liked him!) were/are all bang average.

King, Nesbitt and Sow, deary me!

A bit sketchy i admit but a story has emerged today that Tony threatened a punter in hospitality today(A Publican),i don't have any further details but apparently he has been reported but who to?,nae idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    A bit sketchy i admit but a story has emerged today that Tony threatened a punter in hospitality today(A Publican),i don't have any further details but apparently he has been reported but who to?,nae idea.
    Just walked up to him without any provocation and threatened the poor innocent guy who was just quietly eating his prawn sandwich?

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Just walked up to him without any provocation and threatened the poor innocent guy who was just quietly eating his prawn sandwich?
    I have told you all i know and its unfortunate its happened today of all day's.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have told you all i know and its unfortunate its happened today of all day's.
    Yeah it is

Have heard this too. Had a go at the guy for bad mouthing him. Guy is a regular in hosp. Complaint seemingly going in on Monday. 🙈 That said phuck The Rangers and let’s enjoy a what was a fantastic day.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)