+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley V Forrest ZDS cup

Barnsley V Forrest ZDS cup

https://youtu.be/OGtWJn2JLDY

Another new upload for your viewing plesure.
    A bitterly cold night in January 1991 Brian Clough fetched a full strength squad to Oakwell for this ZDS 3rd round tie.
    Full game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendraytyke View Post
    https://youtu.be/OGtWJn2JLDY

Another new upload for your viewing plesure.
    A bitterly cold night in January 1991 Brian Clough fetched a full strength squad to Oakwell for this ZDS 3rd round tie.
    Full game.

Enjoyed that Kendray. Good honest game of football played in good spirit, not like the pussies who play the game these days. Only darnside wo that bloody awful commentator, all I can say to him is- don't give up thi day job lad.

I was there and we played really well that night against a full strength Forest team who were a very good 1st division side at the time and got to the FA cup final that season .

We drew Everton in the semi final at Oakwell in the next round and lost 1-0 in a poor game .

Unbelievably Everton also fielded their strongest side that night , Ratcliffe , Cottee , Sharp , Southall , etc etc

How times change .

I was there as well that night and it was freezing, but I enjoyed it at the time as a really good exciting cup tie and credit to Notts Florist as well. Despite them having a backlog of fixtures due to the bad winter weather then, Cloughy fielded almost their strongest side.
    (ps - As it was in late Jan '91, I think it was when the Gulf war had just started!)

Remember at the start of the month we'd been cheated out of the Fa cup after a replay at Leeds, thanks to George Courtenay's appalling way of refereeing. And then when the Zds draw was made, we had a chance of a 2 legged crack at Leeds again in the Semis, if we could have beaten Everton at home in the Qtrs. And that dismal defeat to them went down as one of my biggest ever disappointments at our place.
    Last edited by Acido; 08-01-2019 at 11:45 PM.

Uurrggghhh Cloughy....(spits)

I started supporting Notts in 79 when my local team Arnold FC was playing away and I fancied watching a bigger club for just one Saturday,Notts was at home,Forest away so down to Meadow Lane i headed and was hooked,trouble is I started watching Notts the same year as Forest won the European Cup and then again the following year,it's been downhill since then tbh

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Uurrggghhh Cloughy....(spits)

I started supporting Notts in 79 when my local team Arnold FC was playing away and I fancied watching a bigger club for just one Saturday,Notts was at home,Forest away so down to Meadow Lane i headed and was hooked,trouble is I started watching Notts the same year as Forest won the European Cup and then again the following year,it's been downhill since then tbh
    Nobody will do what old bighead Brian did ever again Chalky, and remember that's when the European cup was a proper knockout competition. And its when our English clubs dominated it a fair bit.

I've been watching the season reviews on Youtube from seasons 91-92 to 93-94 and we took some scalps in the league at that time. I couldn't help but think we weren't that far away with our best eleven out on our day.

With a bit more luck and better defending /keeping (Lee Butler lol) we could have challenged a lot sooner than we eventually did. We had some cracking players. Fleming, Robinson, Banks, Redfearn, Taggart, Wilson, Anderson, Banks, Rammell, Biggins, Payton, Eaden, Agnew to name a few.
    Last edited by Ponte_Steve24; 10-01-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I've been watching the season reviews on Youtube from seasons 91-92 to 93-94 and we took some scalps in the league at that time. I couldn't help but think we weren't that far away with our best eleven out on our day.

With a bit more luck and better defending /keeping (Lee Butler lol) we could have challenged a lot sooner than we eventually did. We had some cracking players. Fleming, Robinson, Banks, Redfearn, Taggart, Wilson, Anderson, Banks, Rammell, Biggins, Payton, Eaden, Agnew to name a few.
    I put them up👍.
    I agree about that squad. I've always said it could have gobe places under a better manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendraytyke View Post
    I put them up��.
    I agree about that squad. I've always said it could have gobe places under a better manager.
    Cheers Kendraytyke. I really enjoyed watching them