+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Milne our Chairman....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You canna have parties in his hooses

Ain't that the truth, especially in flats.
    Last edited by Don4; 12-01-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I've tended to defend him.

People were screaming for him to spend money and when he did it sunk the club into debt for years.
    Given that our competition were cheating, spending the money was never going to work.

Keeping the club going ( and in the top division) through the years when the bank called the tune wasn't easy and no doubt personal guarantees from him helped keep us afloat.

Look what happened to other clubs, relegations, administrations and liquidation.

However

His wish for Sevco to be strong and his desire to move from our beloved Pittodrie weigh heavily against him.
    I agree with you to an extent but he had us in a massive black hole financially and now wants to send us down another one.

His choice of manager has been shocking but someone like Skovdahl coming to Aberdeen now would be impressive, Paterson was an obvious choice being up and coming, McGhee is a club legend and has experience and a decent couple of seasons at Motherwell, likewise Brown.

The stadium issue and all the pish about it being a deathtrap and ultimately the Hun issue is enough for anyone to want him to get to ****. It's odd that people defend him.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Isn’t that the same as saying McInnes is better than McGhee and Brown which people get slated for on here?

Keeping the club afloat is surely the bare minimum required from a chairman,plus it was him that put the club in debt in the first place.

Nae really, it's perhaps a bare minimum but it's a bare minimum that most clubs close to us failed to achieve.

As for putting us in debt, yes it was a mistake, but it was a mistake we all cried out for him to make.

But his sucking up to the Hun and attempted move to Westhills finishes it for me........Milne oot.

No one for defending our esteemed chairman?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I agree with you to an extent but he had us in a massive black hole financially and now wants to send us down another one.

His choice of manager has been shocking but someone like Skovdahl coming to Aberdeen now would be impressive, Paterson was an obvious choice being up and coming, McGhee is a club legend and has experience and a decent couple of seasons at Motherwell, likewise Brown.

The stadium issue and all the pish about it being a deathtrap and ultimately the Hun issue is enough for anyone to want him to get to ****. It's odd that people defend him.
    Skovdhal I will give you,he done well at Brondby but at the same time should have been sacked long before he did if McInnes deserves the boot.

Don’t know for sure but I have heard that Milne was warned about Patterson’s drinking problems and chose to ignore them.

McGhee had a decent spell at Motherwell but got sacked at pretty much every other job he had so it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out he was pish.

I would say the appointments were not the reason Milne plummeted us into mediocrity,it’s more to do with the fact he never sacked them all sooner,I don’t think Dick Donald would have put up with any of them for as long as he did.

I'm afraid that that's just b'ollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I've tended to defend him.

People were screaming for him to spend money and when he did it sunk the club into debt for years.
    Given that our competition were cheating, spending the money was never going to work.

Keeping the club going ( and in the top division) through the years when the bank called the tune wasn't easy and no doubt personal guarantees from him helped keep us afloat.

Look what happened to other clubs, relegations, administrations and liquidation.

However

His wish for Sevco to be strong and his desire to move from our beloved Pittodrie weigh heavily against him.
    A joiners lot of nails on heads DD

Haven’t read the thread
    Can’t be ar&ed.

My thoughts?

He’s a drain on the club
    He’s a Masonic pr1ck
    He wants a strong Rangers.
    For that alone he should be hung

F**k him

C**t.

If any friends or relatives of him are looking in... tell him...
    FU*K OFF!!

I tend to agree with the loons on the stadium. We should be staying where we are as the place should have been looked after better.

The debt was really accrued between 97 and 04 when we were throwing good money after bad.

On the fence. Someone else may have done better. Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Skovdhal
    Don’t know for sure but I have heard that Milne was warned about Patterson’s drinking problems and chose to ignore them.
    He was.

"Grassa" Bennett, then erstwhile director of football at ICT, was a buddy of mine back in the day.
    He told me that he and other ICT directors were 100% honest with Milne and Wyness at the time.

Milne and Wyness reckoned ICT were exaggerating to put them off.

About a month prior to that Dundee game, Grassa goes to me "Pele's hitting it hard just now, I'm getting all sorts of incoherent late night calls".

Steve Patterson is the most spectacular failure of due diligence in the history of due diligence.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast