+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Stewart Milne our Chairman....

I bet a pound to a penny that Milne would never sign off the type of contract that McInnes recieved if he was using his own (Companies) money.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    I bet a pound to a penny that Milne would never sign off the type of contract that McInnes recieved if he was using his own (Companies) money.
    Yes true. Milne never really used his own money. He really was a fraud. It’s amazing he is allowed to hang around our club like a bad smell thanks to Davie Cormack and his generosity.

Milne must be delighted the way this season is panning out.

Pr1ck.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Milne must be delighted the way this season is panning out.

Pr1ck.
    He was there (so was Craig Brown) today to keep an eye on proceedings for Dave Cormack. Expect a new 3 year deal for Derek McInnes during the break.

Stewart Milne Group gone bust - placed into Administration today - more than 200 people have lost their jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Stewart Milne Group gone bust - placed into Administration today - more than 200 people have lost their jobs
    I am not surprised. Milne himself was desperate to sell up and try and cash in but like any business when it is run by someone whose heart isn’t in it then it will fail. The same happened when he was our chairman at the club.
    He will leave it for others to pick up the pieces.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 09-01-2024 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I am not surprised. Milne himself was desperate to sell up and try and cash in but like any business when it is run by someone whose heart isn’t in it then it will fail. The same happened when he was our chairman at the club.
    He will leave it for others to pick up the pieces.
    He sold the SMG business a while ago, and his was one of the failed bids placed when it was put on the market prior to the bank withhdrawing its support. Its closure is not, therefore, his doing. In fact it is to his credit that he tried to keep it in business by bidding for it.

Facts, ken?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    He sold the SMG business a while ago, and his was one of the failed bids placed when it was put on the market prior to the bank withhdrawing its support. Its closure is not, therefore, his doing. In fact it is to his credit that he tried to keep it in business by bidding for it.

Facts, ken?
    I agree facts are important so let's get them right. As of July 2023 (latest filed information with Companies House) Stewart Milne Group Holdings Limited, the ultimate parent company of everything that has gone bust stated that it was controlled by (owned more than 75%) one Stewart Milne Esq. He was attempting to sell his shares in the business but had failed to do so.

I have no idea what he did or did not try to do to keep it in business but obviously his low ball offer to the bank was of no interest to them

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I agree facts are important so let's get them right. As of July 2023 (latest filed information with Companies House) Stewart Milne Group Holdings Limited, the ultimate parent company of everything that has gone bust stated that it was controlled by (owned more than 75%) one Stewart Milne Esq. He was attempting to sell his shares in the business but had failed to do so.

I have no idea what he did or did not try to do to keep it in business but obviously his low ball offer to the bank was of no interest to them
    You’re correct. My error. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    You’re correct. My error. Apologies.
    No problem at all.

The latest accounts showed that liabilities were about £50Million more than assets - sounds like he ran his construction business with the same level of competency as he ran AFC

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast