+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queens on the television???

Queens on the television???

We will be IF we win our replay V Dundee. The tie with the winners of the Stenny/Aberdeen game is being shown live on BBC on Sunday 10th Feb with a 3:30 kick off.

Well found out chippy. The tv money is another reason to want to progress . Just wish we could have finished them off last Saturday.

Doesn't look like ALBA will have a league game with Queens featuring this season..

Good incentive to win on Tuesday night now...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Doesn't look like ALBA will have a league game with Queens featuring this season..

Good incentive to win on Tuesday night now...
    I think that the TV deal with the BBC's new Scottish channel means they are screening a live Championship game on most Friday nights starting in Feb (I think) so there is a very good chance that Queens will feature sometime before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    I think that the TV deal with the BBC's new Scottish channel means they are screening a live Championship game on most Friday nights starting in Feb (I think) so there is a very good chance that Queens will feature sometime before the end of the season.
    Be well p!ssed off if they change the last away game at Ross County which may turn out to be a crucial fixture for both teams.Booked into Inverness for the Friday,Saturday and Sunday nights.Usually would be well chuffed to see Queens on the telly but I would be unhappy if the TV decide to fanny about with this fixture!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Be well p!ssed off if they change the last away game at Ross County which may turn out to be a crucial fixture for both teams.Booked into Inverness for the Friday,Saturday and Sunday nights.Usually would be well chuffed to see Queens on the telly but I would be unhappy if the TV decide to fanny about with this fixture!
    I think there was a discussion (on P&B maybe) that the Ross County match could be the most sensible to move given the distance and the possibility it may attract the fewest travelling fans anyway. If it turns out to be a crucial game obviously more fans would like to attend. Not ideal for those like yourself who have booked the weekend well in advance, even for those travelling back down after the game it would be after 2am before they got home. Unfortunately the schedulers probably won't take fans into account.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Well found out chippy. The tv money is another reason to want to progress . Just wish we could have finished them off last Saturday.
    Had we beat Dundee on Sat I dowt they would have chosen us for live tv. BBC will be wanting Aberdeen v Dundee..

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Had we beat Dundee on Sat I dowt they would have chosen us for live tv. BBC will be wanting Aberdeen v Dundee..
    Not sure about that. The TV have bern known to pick a game where they think there could be a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    I think there was a discussion (on P&B maybe) that the Ross County match could be the most sensible to move given the distance and the possibility it may attract the fewest travelling fans anyway. If it turns out to be a crucial game obviously more fans would like to attend. Not ideal for those like yourself who have booked the weekend well in advance, even for those travelling back down after the game it would be after 2am before they got home. Unfortunately the schedulers probably won't take fans into account.

Just to add...I know that some Shrewsbury branch supporters are travelling up to the Ross County match along with a couple of Dumfries fans.They do not arrive in Inverness until after five o'clock on the Friday.Should this match be changed for TV, their journey will be totally ruined should there be any travel difficulties.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)